cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 Patchlevel 7 Hotfix3 overinstall on 7.10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.there.

We installed SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 with the newest Hotfix on Windows 7, and Win XP SP3.

Yesterday we detect, that during the installation process on SAPGui 7.10, the old saplogon pad will be replaced, but not refreshed with the new design??? Why! Help!

We used the NwSapSetupAdmin Installation Server, builded the packages and distributed them on XP SP3 Test Machines.

There we couldnt find a solution, why the old settings of logon pad are still in place, because the whole gui package

checkbox was marked for the package during the inst. process.

On my Prod Workstation , the installation was done by myself, on Win 7, i got the new Logon Pad, XP workstations not!!

Whats the reason?

We think at the moment about the - Security Enhancements, but thats another thing, in addition.

Greets

Ralph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are some issues related to auth. during the inst. process.

We test now, how those parameters work, during the distribution of 7.20! Status: Not 100 % fixed!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution=

SAP Gui 7.20 PL8 fixes our problem partly, other parts will be done from authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

COuld you please let us know what do you mean by replaced?

Just uninstall OLD GUI from XP and restart and install 7.20, make sure macrmedia flash player is already installed..

Any issue let us know.

Thanks,

Prasant K paichha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

Gui 7.10 -> Update 7.20

2 Scenarios,=

1. Installation of SAP Gui 7.20 on an new Test Workstation Xp SP3 (VM Environment) without inst.

of 7.10 before, the new design of the SAP Logon Pad appears. ( Tabs, etc.)

2. SAP Gui 7.10 Installation on XP SP3 prod. host, install of Package SAP Gui 7.20 ( autom.) on the same workstation, the new design doesnt appears.

(Marcomedia Flash, No matter, because inst. on New XP3 SP3, SAP Gui 7.20 naked Host without 7.10 inst. before, the new design appears. we use Adobe Flash)

Focus is that, if we set up new machines , the user gets the new Logon Pad design, the old ones got the old design!

So, are there some registry settings that maybe doesnt deleted during the install. process of the new Gui 7.20!

Greets

Edited by: ralf thomas wahlen on Sep 12, 2011 9:30 AM

Edited by: ralf thomas wahlen on Sep 12, 2011 9:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, im in hurry!

Maybe its related to Note 1409494 - SAP Logon (Pad) 7.20: configuration (ini) files' storage

The part SapLogonTree.xml describes the interesting parameter!!!

Additionally a new configuration file SapLogonTree.xml will be created in the same directory with saplogon.ini too, in order to store the tree (folder) structure defined in SAP Logon 7.20.

When you use command line parameter /INI_FILE= or environment variable SAPLOGON_INI_FILE to start SAP Logon (Pad), if the SapLogonTree.xml is existing in the same path as your input saplogon.ini file, the tree (folder) structure defined in this SapLogonTree.xml will be used, otherwise a new SapLogonTree.xml will be created with the 3 default folders in the same path. Any folder configuration in the running SAP Logon will be saved in this SapLogonTree.xml file. In SAP Logon Pad no configuration is possible and therefore no configuration files will/should be modified in this path. If SapLogonTree.xml is not existing and can not be created due to e.g. authority, no tree structure can be displayed in SAP Logon (PAD) and the old display with tabs as in SAP Logon (Pad) 710 will be used(patchlevel >= 2).

Maybe there ist the issue. I think i got it! The SapLogonTree.xml isnt created on that machines!