Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with FM SWNC_COLLECTOR_GET_AGGREGATES

former_member755502
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use the FM SWNC_COLLECTOR_GET_AGGREGATES. As I understand, this FM pulls data from SWNCMONI table. While I tried to test it in SE37, the FM worked fine for COMPONENT "TOTAL" but didnt work for any other COMPONENT type. I have used data from exisitng records of SWNCMONI table but it didn't work.

Can anyone tell me the reason behind this? Or if I am going wrong in anywhere.

Thanks & regards,

Sambaran Ray

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which release are you on? (these FMs are not released anyway so your expectation of a stable API might be the problem...

ST03N calls different FMs depending of what you want to have returned.

Total is all app servers (in st03n UI).

What are you you wanting to see? Why not use ST03N?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Thanks for your help. Let me brief you my requirement first and why am I intending to use the above mentioned FM -

I am currently working on SAP ABAP & SAP BASIS Release 701 (new system). The idea is to create a report in BI using the result obtained through the transaction ST03N in ECC system. To acheive this, a datasource has been created using a custom table in the ECC system. This custom table is being populated using a custom program and finally the extracted records are moved to the BI system.

In our exisiting system landscape, all required objcets are already present in an another ECC system with SAP ABAP & SAP BASIS Release 640 (old system). On creation of these objects in the new system by refering the old system, the custom table is not getting populated using the custom program. The existing custom program uses FMs like SAPWL_WORKLOAD_GET_STATISTIC, SAPWL_WORKLOAD_GET_SUMMARY etc. On investigating further on the issue, I came to know that the new releases have different FMs to cater to the same requirement they are SWNC_COLLECTOR_GET_AGGREGATES, SWNC_GET_WORKLOAD_STATISTIC etc.

In the new system these new FMs are available. When I tried executing SWNC_COLLECTOR_GET_AGGREGATES in SE37, with parameters COMPONENT = 'TOTAL', PERIODTYPE = 'D' and PERIODSTRT = 'current date', it pulls all relevant data from the table SWNCMONI table. When I tried to excute the same FM for a different record (with different COMPONENT type) from the SWNCMONI table, it doesn't pull any record.

To resolve this issue or to meet my requirement, I need help.

Apology for such a long description.

Regards,

Sambaran Ray

0 Kudos

These FMs are not released and I am not aware that these SWNC* functions are something new as an API, so it looks like it exposes an import parameter for this but only handles the TOTAL type.

Which component are you trying to read the data for?

The component is the HOSTNAME... (perhaps you are expecting something else?)

Anyway, all these CCMS analysis goodies are available in SolMan so a necessity for custom coding is seldom required.

What is your information requirement (regardless of your FM battles...

Cheers,

Julius