cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attribute Language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

usually it is quite easy to change the language of attributes in Publisher by simply logging on in another language or redirecting the language. However, I have two nodes in my family table. When I log on in German, for one node I get German language for attributes, for the other node I get English. Why is that? Did I overlook any setting somewhere? Initially I created my layout items in the root node, but then broke the inheritance to the second node to create a different layout.

Any hint highly appreciated.

Best regards

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I am not quite sure on this but would ask you to check may be for German language your 1 node attribute data had not populated with German language itself so because of this it is inherting Primary language that is English.

I hope when you select English language your both nodes coming in english only.

Just check in Data Manager for attribute data availability for both nodes in German and revert with result.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

thanks for reply. No, the languages have been populated properly. I can even see in Publisher in the Items tab the names in German. Only the Display Name setting is wrong. The Original Name is also correctly in German.

Generally, it wouldn't be a big problem to retype the Display Name in German, however, then we have 24 languages, among which is Chinese. So retyping is not an option.

Cheers

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest to open an OSS with SAP, as it looks like a bug.

Thanks,

Shambhu.