cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to trigger printing page dynamically in forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had to print page dynamically ...out of 5 pages ...

Driver program passing data as internal table to smartforms..

Appreciate your reply ..

Thanks

Ramasi..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ramasi ,

Have you declared 5 pages in SMARTFORM?

Each page have seperate internal tables?

if so than check a condition like if ITAB[] <> SPACE some think like this

or set a command node in main window in that check condition like if ITAB is initial than goto next page.

Thanks

Surendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surendr ,

do i need to create only one command node in main window of first page ...because first page only contains Main window ..

in one command node ...how the condition to be given for ...

or do i need to 5 command node under main window of first page ...each command will have a condition as u say..for each page ...to proceed...

appreciate your reply ////

Thanks

Ramasi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ramasi ,

in the command node it self we have an option to give a condition says that if ITAB is not initial than only that will trigger next page right?

Thanks

Surendra

pranav_him
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi can you please let me know your requirement so that i can explain you??

Regards,

Pranav Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks ...

requirement is ...

As of now 5 pages are printing ..all these pages are feed by driver program..

now the requirment is...

first page should print all the time...because it has invoice lin item details... rest of the 4 pages are back up pages ..some times ithe internal table migh have data ..some it does not have ...

though for the last 4 pages ...internal tables does not have data ...still its printing pages with other static texts...

how do I stop that printing pages ...

Appreciate your reply...

Regards

Ramasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It's not clear how you've defined the pages flow of your smartform: How many pages it has?

The smartform triggers automatically a new page only if the data to be printed in the main can't be printed in one page only, so the smartform calls automatically the page defined as NEXT for the first page.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

I have defined 5 pages in total...

all 5 pages are being printed as of now ...though internal table does not have data ... last 4 pages are being printed with static text in the corresponding windows..

1. first page contains main window...

all rest of the pages are having secondary window only ..

2. I have created command node in main window of first page and given next page as SECOND page...and in all subsequent pages given next page as their next page number ....say in second page , have given THIRD as next page...

Appreciate your reply ./.

Regards

Ramasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

That mean you need to skip to next page if the condition are not satisfied, i.e you need to define the conditions in the condition tab of command node

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Thanks,

there are 4 internal tables ...passing from driver pgm to 5 pages in forms..

My question is ,

where do i need to create command node , already created one command node under main window of first page ..

in that I can see only one GOTO new page ...where we can say second page or thrid page ...can select one page ( only one )from drop-dwon

ok, if I select second page there and given condirioon like ITAB2[] ne initial ...

here second page will get triggered base don this condition...

how abt my thrid page , 4th page and 5th page ... where do I have give condition for those pages to be triggered..

for that do i need to create another 3 condition node under main window of first page ...?

Appreciate your reply ...

Thanks

Ramasi

former_member230486
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramasi,

I need whether the remaining pages contains main window or not.If it contains you can use command node for calling remaining pages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

No remaining pages contains only secondary windows...

Appreciate ur reply///

Regards,

Ramasi

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply ,

I had already flag varaibales logic in driver program and passing those variables into smartforms...

I have 4 falg variables.....only thing i dont know how to use and where to use...

U metioned that create command node .....do u want me to create one command node...or 4 command node ...each command node for each page..

I belive that i need to have 4 command node and and check the flag whether is equal to X or not ...

in the GOTO Newpage ...mention the corresponding page no ...

Hope my understanding is correct ..please correst me if I am wrong ...

Appreciate your reply ...

Thanks

Ramasi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Prasanthi ,

I have added two command node in main window of the first page , where given the first condition in first command node ...checking GV_SECOND = 'X' ....and in the GOTO new page selected SECOND page

and in the second command node .... given GV_THIRD = 'X' and in GOTO new page selected THIRD page ...

and executed my driver program...i have got 4 pages printed out of 5 ..

since GV_SECOND NE 'X' so did not print secnd page ..and thrid page printed bacause the condition satisfeid ...

foruth and fifth page did not create command node....so its all come as usual...

Now.

I have added another command node for my fourth page ...put condition as GV_FOURTH = 'X' ...in the GOTO new page selected FOURTH page...

when I executed ....nothing prints ...

Do u have any clue... it looks like it does not accpet 3rd command node I created ...

Appreciate your reply,

Thanks

Ramasi..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We create two page format one for first page and second one is next. Also do the setting for first page as first of next is 'NEXT and NEXT of Next is NEXT.

Select the First Page -> then Enter Page2 i.e. NEXT Page.

This scenario is for two different pages in the layout. If you have same layout for first and next then use FIRST itself as NEXT.

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Please elobrate ..I am bit confused..

I have total in 5 pages...

print these pages dynamic ..by checking flag variables (determined in driver pgm and pass it to Smartforms)

GV_SECOND = 'X' for second page and

GV_THIRD = 'X' for thrid page

GV_FOURTH = 'X' for fourth page

GV_FIVE = 'X' for fifth page...

as of now I have created two command nodes under main window first page ....

in the first command node , given as below:

condition , GV_SECOND = 'X' and GOTO new page = SECOND

Second command node ,

condition GV_THIRD = 'X' and in GOTO new page = THIRD..

but when I add another command node for print and control fourth page ....its does not produce any o/p at all..

please tell me where do i have to change /add....from above...

Appreciate ur help and reply..

Thanks

Ramasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know whether you are usingdifferent pages and you want to display each page based on the condition.

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shiva ,

You are exactly right , using different pages and priting based on diff conditions...

Appreciate ur help and reply...

Thanks

Ramasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just got this from one thread, please try this

Create pages as per your requirement.

In the global defintion --> initialization tab -->

Based on conditions print the data

if w_page = 1.

control_parameters-startpage = '%PAGE1'.

else.

control_parameters-startpage = '%PAGE2'.

ENDIF.

Shiva