cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Adobe form in a Workflow Step for approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are some ISR forms and workflows in MSS which use Workflow tasks configured as JavaWebDynpro to call Adobe form from the Workflow Step.

Is it possible to achieve the same using ABAP Web Dynpro and creating a new task and configuring to use it as an ABAP Web Dynpro (which can in turn call the Adobe form from the WD)?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali,

Why do you want to create a new ABAP WD Application when this functionality is already delivered by SAP in the form of <b>IsrForm</b>,<b>IsrFormApprove</b>,etc Java WD Applications?

Anyways, I think these Webdynpros can be developed using ABAP WD also. I didnt work with ABAP WD till now.

Regards,

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Some non-HR forms we would like to develop usign SAP Adobe forms and ABAP Web Dynpro (which are not part of ISR) and process the approvals using SAP Workflow. In such cases, need to know how to display the Adobe form while processing the approvals using Workflow.

2. IsrFormApprove is a property from JAVA WD application. Is there a similar property for ABAP WD application.

3. Is there any demo/example available in R/3 system to explain the integration of Adobe form, ABAP WD and Workflow?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali,

1)You can develop an<b> RFC</b> that collects required basic data from R/3 and display them in <i>ABAP WD - Adobe Form</i>. The End user can change/fill the remaining contents of the Adobe Form and submits it for approval. The <b>RFC</b> again handles the triggering part of the <b>Workflow</b> and passes the form data to the workflow containers.And for approvals, you can use the <i><b>SWFVISU</b></i> to call a <b>ABAP WD</b> application from Workflow. And in turn the control again goes back to RFC and so...

2)I dont have much idea in ECC 60 if there is a similar ABAP WD application like Standard Java WD <b>IsrFormApprove</b>.

3)No idea.

Regards,

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>