cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business scenario; different pricing procedures - sales order, billing doc

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please give me some business scenarios where we would need different pricing procedures for sales order and for billing document, in the same process?

(ps - i am NOT asking the configuration steps for pricing procedure determination)

I have got few examples, (one below mentioned); but it is still not clear to me -

one good example is -

Re: Different pricing procedures on Sales order and billing documents

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 3:17 PM in response to: raj savi Reply

Hi,

This will work only in this scenario only suppose you ordered before buget and you are billed after buget where new tax is implemented and you want the new tax condition type to be implemented then you want to set a new PP in Billing doc type.

many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
This will work only in this scenario only suppose you 
ordered before buget and you are billed after buget where 
new tax is implemented and you want the new tax condition 
type to be implemented then you want to set a new PP in 
Billing doc type.

No I don't feel this scenario requires diff PP at sales order or billing.

Here there can be 2 cases:

Case1: Where you have created sales order, but, yet to create a billing doc. In this, your copying control setting will take care of your pricing through pricing type. But, the exception to that is the service render date should be of w.r.t. new tax values & this will be determine from delivery doc date.

Case2: Where you have accounting doc to the billing doc. In that case, you can invoice correction request for change in tax values.

For a Business scenario with different pricing procedures - sales order & billing doc.

Sales order pricing is done with say Gross Price & Taxes

But when billing doc is created after delivery & the pricing now based on Gross Price, Taxes, Discount, Rebate, Freight, Frieght related Insurance charges, Handling charges, etc.

I hope this suffice you requirement.

Thanks & Regards

JP

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But, the exception to that is the service render date should be of w.r.t. new tax values 
& this will be determine from delivery doc date.

case1. could you please elaborate the above point?

why delivery doc date shall determine the tax value? is it not the pricing date and the validity period of the condition type in the condition record that determine the values?

Business scenario with different pricing procedures - sales order & billing doc.

this "concept" (of diff pps) is still not clear.

1. From a business process perspective, why shall I tell my customer, via my sales order that the price = 100EUR and bill him another price, e.g. = 90EUR?

moreover, if finally i want to give my customer at a reduced price, then i would tell him this upfront (during the creation of s.o.) as this is to my advantage.

2. "Gross Price, Taxes, Discount, Rebate, Freight, Frieght related Insurance charges, Handling charges, etc." All these condition types I can have in one pp and then with requirements; e.g. in the case of Rebate condition types requirement =24,25; in standard functionality; activate or deactivate when required. Thus why do I need 2 pps, as you have suggested in this example?

other examples are welcome!

many thanks, in advance!

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Service render date(KOMK-FBUDA), this date on which service was carried out or goods where depatch for delivery. And that is the date in billing determines TAX values in the billing doc.

You miss my lines for 2 diff PP for sale order and billing

Sales Order

Delivery

Billing

Gross Price (tentive)

_

Gross Price (based on pricing date)

Taxes (tentitve)

_

Taxes (based on delivery dates)

_

Freight

Freight (based delv)

na

Insurance

Insurance (determined after delv.)

Discount

_

Discount (provided)

Rebate (tentitive)

_

Rebate (Actual determined)

Thanks & Regards

JP

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can think of a scenario where in Sales Order, the client wants some conditions say like Discount or Freight to be in editable mode, where User can manually change the value.

But in Invoice they dont want any Manual changes in Pricing values.

In case like we may have to create 2 different Pricing Procedures for Sales Order & Billing.

Say in Sales I have a discount condition Type ZDIS as manually editable. Now I will also create condition type say ZDIX - copy of ZDIS in Sales which is 100% of ZDIS & in Invoice I will just have ZDIX to represent te discount value in non-editable mode.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A. according to your example - pp1 in my sales order shall not have cond types pertaining to Freight and Insurance. & pp2 in my billing document, shall have these two and all the condition types in my pp1. Is that correct?

B. why can i not have cond types pertaining to Freight and Insurance in my pp1 too; (maybe have some requirement beside these cond types in my pp V/08)?

C. if i donot have cond types pertaining to Freight and Insurance in pp1, then what do i need to do to get these values from my delivery? how does the system extract these values and populate in my billing document?

many thanks, in advance!

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thank you for this example!

1. could you please advise w.r.t. the condition types in each pp -

pp1 assigned to Sales doc type, shall have - ZDIS

pp2 assigned to Billing type, shall have -

ZDIS - statistical??

ZDIX

2. in V/06 for ZDIX - field "Refcondtype" = ZDIS?

3. in my billing document, Tab Conditions shall I see both these cond types or....?

Jignesh,

would you please answer the above questions?

Edited by: Typewriter on Sep 12, 2011 2:13 PM

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its depends on what kind of buisness scenario your client is following.

See, if you want to calculate freight on the bases of transportation mode, Weight & distance, can it be practically done at sales order? The answer is No. It will be possible through shipment. Simliary, for insurance charges.

Thus, you can have tentative values for freight & insurance @ Sales orders level.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Answers (0)