cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Releasing transport request taking long time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am releasing transport request in SE09, for releasing child request it was taking long time and for parent request taking much more long time.

In SM50, i didn't find any processes running.

Can anyone tell me the solution.

Thanks & Regards

Uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

>> I am releasing transport request in SE09, for releasing child request it was taking long time and for parent request taking much more long time.

You didn't note what release your are running on, but you can check the note 1541334 - Database connect takes two minutes

>> In SM50, i didn't find any processes running.

It is normal, because the system exports the transport request by "tp" command at the OS level, after TMS complete its job on a DIALOG wp.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you face this issue for all transports or a specific type of transport - project related or roles related?

Also recommend to check Note 358688 - Performance for request release-TLOCKPC

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

I'm facing the same issue for all transport requests, and no project is assigned to the transport requests.

I did check the note 358688 and also created secondary index for the table but i didn't find any difference.

Thanks & Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Considering you face this with all transports (even those which are almost empty) - I suspect an issue with the kernel executables or the interface to database. Would suggest the following:

- Update to the latest kernel and latest tp/R3trans tools.

- Turn on the SQL trace and then try releasing the transport

- Check if there is maximum wait time while the tp/R3trans connect to the database

- If so, perhaps an update on the database server/client level may be required.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you all,

There is difference in kernel level, Now it is resolved...I have updated the kernel levels in all the systems.