cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XPath in Receiver Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to use the XPath function in creating a condition in my receiver determination to route messages between two different business systems.

It is web service scenario passing messages to and from our ERP system (lets call it A) and an external system (lets call it B).

My problem is that when i am trying to use XPath for scenario B --> A the XPath area is empty and i cannot see the message.

But i can see it and use it fine for scenario A --> B.

Business System A has a dependency on a standard PI software component and business system B has no dependency.

Why is this happening?

Thanks in advance!

Riaz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should specify the software component version on the Receiver determination so the system could lookup on the corresponding software component version the Outbound Service Interface you have mentioned for your source business system and display the message structure defined in it for the XPath.

Regards,

Jenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny

The software component version is specified in the receiver determination. In the expression editor i can see it and it is correct however i still cannot see the message structure in the XPath section. Any ideas?

Regards

Riaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riaz,

I believe this is a flaw in PI 7.1. Please look at the blog below. It says how Interface Pattern and XPath for receiver determination are related. To be able to specify condition for XPath in a Business Component/External system, you need to change the Outbound SI object Interface Pattern to Stateless (XI 3.0 Compatible).

/people/abhishek.salvi/blog/2009/07/15/sap-pi71-receiver-determination-xpath-and-you

Regards,

Jenny

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Riaz,

Check this link:/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/06/07/customise-your-xpath-expressions-in-receiver-determination

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny

You were correct. Thanks for the help!

Regards

Riaz

Answers (0)