cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR upgrade from 600 to 604 (SAINT or EHPI)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have upgraded ECC 600 to EHP recently. APPL version is now 604, ABA and BAS component versions are 701.

The problem is that HR and EA-HR versions are still 600.

I've tried to upgrade HR and EA-HR to 604 using SAINT, but SAINT wants XML stackfile to do it - I have looked into MOPZ but I could not find any option for generating such stackfile for one or two components (not for entire EHP).

Dear BC experts - what I can do now?

Yd.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If SAP system on which EHP4 upgrade is performed of 64 bit , then you have only option of further upgrade using SAPEHPi.

You can not use SAINT upgrade technique on 64 bit SAP system.

You need to identify correct Tehnical usage for MOPZ by selecting components (in your case HR and EA-HR)

SAP Note # 1165438 will help you to select Technical usage asked during MOPZ.

Once compoents are downloaded , you need to upgrade HR compoenets using SAPEHPi exe.

Thanks,

Rupali

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> If SAP system on which EHP4 upgrade is performed of 64 bit , then you have only option of further upgrade using SAPEHPi.

>

> You can not use SAINT upgrade technique on 64 bit SAP system.

>

I am sorry but this is not true. You can use SAINT to upgrade. Also, EHPI tool can be used for 32 bit systems as well.

Technical usage will be HCM.

Thanks

Sunny

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thank you for brining this point. I might be wrong but pls refer SAP Note # 1256600 ( Using transaction SAINT to install SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4)

It clearly specifies that "The installation of ERP EHP4 and higher on a 64 bit platform with transaction SAINT has not been released and is not supported by SAP, since the SAP EHP installer must be used in this case."

This what i wanted to convey to user. Also aggered that SAPEHPi can be used for both 32 bit and 64 bit platform upgrade.

Thanks,

Rupali B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to generate the stack XML via the Maintanence Optimizer in Solution Manager.

Select the appropriate technical usage you intend to install on the system. If only HR is required, select the HR technical usage type in MOPZ only. Without stack XML, you cannot apply the package.

Please note, upon selecting the technical usage type, the EhP for components for that specific usage type are selected. EhP for all components needs selecting all the technical usage types.

Regards,

Srikishan