Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are cross-MDO relationships possible?

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am about to create MDOs based on BAPI output parameters.

I'll have several MDOs in my project, each one will have one or more keys referencing records from other MDOs (i.e. foreign keys).

Does MII support this kind of relationships somehow?

Do I have to just take this into consideration when designing my queries and that's it?

Thanks, regards

Vincenzo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Vincenzo,

No the MII 12.2 release of MDO does not support relationships between objects. This is primarily due to the fact that Open SQL does not support this generically so we would have had to build it which we did not have time for. We do however plan to support this in future releases but no guarantees as to when.

With that said the relationships between objects must be built into a transaction to perform the cross object commands and queries.

Hope this helps,

Sam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vincenzo,

Last time I tried (been quite a while), you could not use foreign keys with MDO objects. You can use some of the xml action blocks to do joins, unions, etc., but they will be somewhat performance limited.

I will forward this thread to the Sam and/or the developer community and see if there has been any changes to the MDO designs (I have heard talk to that effect).

Regards,

Mike