cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Field Map to NULL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I've a source field (Date) which is linked with Destination field (Date). It's printing date in the XML file. Now i want the destination item to be printed as BLANK in XML. I don't have previelige to insert any new destination item. I also don't have permission to change MAP settings..

How can i print BLANK value in destination item??

Thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gav_dhiman,

've a source field (Date) which is linked with Destination field (Date). It's printing date in the XML file. Now i want the destination item to be printed as BLANK in XML. I don't have previelige to insert any new destination item. I also don't have permission to change MAP settings..

How can i print BLANK value in destination item??

To confirm my understanding ,you are importing some fields and you want to achieve that output should come as blank from MDM,meaning thereby syndicated record in MDM should not hold value in the field mentioned.

You can have a assignment in MDM workflow converting this field value to NULL value.

OR

You can handle this in syndicator,giving static value for this field.

OR

This can be handled at interface level.

OR

You can set conversion filter in import map achive a null value for this field.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi, THanks for your email..

I'm talking about syndicator.. your point "*You can handle this in syndicator,giving static value for this field."* can hold only if i'm able to save existing map.. And i can't create a workflow of 106 fields for an item specially for this reason..

Is this ok, if i edit the XML file itself after syndicator finish syndication? This will be the easiest way, isn't it

Please reply..

Thank You..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gav_dhiman,

Yes I agree those settings have to be saved in Map to work.

Regarding workflow,that wont act on all the fields it will only have a assignment.

This assignment will put Null value against the field you want.This record then can be sent in form of xml.

Also,if you want to achieve this only for 1 record then yes xml modification is best

Notepad can help you do that

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi..

Gaurav..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gav,

Pleasure

Kindly close the thread also go through this it will help you have a better experience here:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (0)