cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read fields from an ABAP Programa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

The need of the client is to create an Interactive form and first ask for some data in order to query the rest of the information needed for the layout . All this is using only ECC Backend, we do not have portal yet.

So I'm not sure if this is posible. I´m imagine the first page Adobde form with the parameters and then take this values to query the tables needed information and then present a new adobde form with the layout definend by the client.

Is there any MF to read the values of each field in the Adobe interactive form?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for your help.

Finally the client accept to fill de data from backend and preview and print the info or send it to a third-part.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joaquin,

You have the option of using webservice with the adobe form. provided that the user have access to the webservice. you need to create a FM and convert it to webservice in R3.

But again, from my experience, it is not advisable to put to much logic in the form itself as it will slow it down. The form is better use to display data with a little bit of dynamic elements.

AntonPierhagen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

or if you use it in the portal. An webdynpro with flas islands? Or a flex application with rest webservices to the ECC backend? i think that are better solutions then Adobe interactive form for this scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

while building many, many forms we've found that you really don't want a lot of input and decision logic built into the form - it's cumbersome and slow.

When a form looks like it's going to rely heavily on backend interaction, we migrate that to a web dynpro. you have all the functionality built-in (serch helps, drops downs etc..) then output your data to a PDF form for the user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best thing to do is provide the information up front - from SAP GUI selection screen or something.. then select your data and pass it to Adobe.