cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resend messages in Message monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Due to some DB issues, my message through JDBC adapter (receiver - asynch) could not be delivered (after 3 retries). After the retries were over, I was able to fix the DB issue. But When I try to resend from Message monitor, resend fails with message "Cannot retry message guid (INBOUND); reason: null. " How do I resend this message?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out this blog by Michal

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/09/xi-restarting-successfully-processed-messages

also this thread...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SSG,

<i>Due to some DB issues, my message through JDBC adapter (receiver - asynch) could not be delivered (after 3 retries).</i>

The message is succesful in SXMB_MONI and so, it cannot be restarted. One option would be to use the blog suggested by michal to post the message.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal, I could probably follow the steps you have illustrated in test environment..

How should I go about doing this in production. For example if the Database system is unavailable? Should we increase the number of 'retries' and time interval between retries?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

just have a look at Naveen's weblog:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

on how to change time and number or retries

Regards,

michal

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you're sure that the message will not be restarted

you can take it's payload and post directly to

the integration engine:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/25/xi-sending-a-message-without-the-use-of-an-adapter-not-possible

Regards,

michal