cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item sobstitution in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i need to create different families of product in order to manage in a sales order, the possibility of order a code that represent family and then use in scheduling. Example: item 5 represents material code 5001, 5002, 5003, 5004... and so on..

When i create sales order system create position with first item 5001, but when i run schedule program in order to determinate confirmad quantity, i want to check stock of all material referred to family 5, using a priority scheeme.

I wanto to do it without z tables, using only standard.

Many thanks in advance to all that can help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding for a material you have n versions (Material 5 has various versions 5001, 5002, 5003, 5004---)

While creating order you can have the version of the material which has stock picked. This can be achieved by Run out run in scenario in material determination.

For achieving this in VB11 transaction create a material determination record

In the Material eneterd column enter 5 and in the material column enter 5001 and enter a reason.

Now double click the line. Now you will be faced with a screen where in you can maintain alternate materials. enter all the materials what you require and check the check box of MRP indicator.

System will now pick the alternate material once stock of a version is not available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your requirement we can fullfill your requriement through, Material determination and BOM.

Thnaks

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think you can try using CMIR & Material substitution together.

in CMIR, maintain 5 as the customer material & material 5001 has the SAP material.

in the material substitution have the items displayed as the sub items,

so that 5001 will get substituted by

& so on...

based on the sequence maintained here, material substitutiin will check for the available stock & confirmation will happen accordingly.

Regards

Ilango

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure I understood your query. But I think your requirment is close to a BOM. If thats right you can use a BOM functionality for your rquuirement.

Regards

Sai