cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic URL in SOAP Receiver adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario where I am using a SOAP receiver adapter to send a cXML document to some vendors. I need to change the URL based on the vendor number (passed by sender SRM system). So I have created a user-defined function and used in message mapping to assign the right URL to the variable TServerLocation. But the communication channel still prompts for a static URL which appears to be a mandatory field. Even though the DynamicConfiguration tab in Message Monitoring shows that the TServerLocation was correctly assigned, the scenario does not work when I put some dummy in the static URL field like 'dummy' or '*'. Any ideas on how to make the communication channel go for the dynamic URL field and ignore the static URL field? I have already selected the'Use Adapter Specific Message attributes' and 'Variable Transport Binding' check boxes. Am I referring to the correct variable that references the target URL? Also other than the two checkboxes that I mentioned, I am not displayed anything else under "Adapter Specific Message Attributes" section in the comm. channel.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

James,

In the communicatioon channel, make a dummy entry and make sure you select the ADAPTER SPECIFIC IDENTIFIES -->TServerLocation in the reciver adapter.

The value from the mapping will replace the dummy value during runtime.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already selected the'Use Adapter Specific Message attributes' and 'Variable Transport Binding' check boxes.

I don't see any other check box or selection box related to 'Adapter specific identifier' after that.

Should I see another selection where I can enter 'TServerLocation'?? Why am I not seeing it?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

James,

I ve just been digging into SAP help, and have tried it too ... Looks like it doesnt work the way it is supposed to.

Anotheer point i found was, in the FILE ADAPTER, when we say ADAPTER SPECIFI ATTRIBUTES , we can select the attirbutes.. This is not possible in a SOAP adapter...

Maybe, we can only access the ADAPTER SPECIIFC ATTIRIBUTES of a SOAP adapter, but cannot set them dynamically.

Let me know if you find something on this issue.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

JAmes Bond,

Did you ever solved this Problem. I'm in similar situation. Would you please explain how you taken care of this problem?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

we decided not to use dynamic url. instead we have defined multiple business services as receiver systems and then route the message to the appropriate receiver using conditional receiver determination. I am using the available system variable TServerLocation to pass the vendor number (alternatively you could pass the vendor number in the target xml if a dummy field is available)and then checking for this value in receiver determination to set the receiver conditionally

One advantage with defining multiple services for receivers is that in message monitoring it will display which service is involved rather than showing a generic service like BS_Vendor.