cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC Model: HTML text translation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need to translate my VC model, I'm working with translation worklists.

But I have a problem with HTML objects, the system enables to translate the label of the Html control (ex:html1), but not its content.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe I'm wrong but the content should be delivered by the backend. As far as I know the portal sends also the language of the user to it and the backend should send the content in the appropriate language. This shouldn't be done by VC.

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer. But I'm talking about the worklist of strings to translate in the Portal Content Translation menu, it is possible to translate labels and metadata, but it doesn't appear the text of HTML objects.

Do yoy know how to add this string on the worklist?

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see. But I'm afraid this is not possible for VC models. For CE there is a translation tool but not for 7.00 / EHPs or lower versions. There is a workaround for this but to be honest it is not a nice one. To be more specific: there are 2 workarounds:

1. You may create a VC model for each language you like to support. In the portal create a role for each language refering to the matching VC application. Via different desktops and desktop rules you can now decide for which language to choose which desktop.

2. Another option would be to have a formular for each label in your model. You need to have a user data object in your model. Therein you can find text field named 'LOCALE'. This will provide the language the user has set. Via IF you can not change the label of each part in the model.

Both of these options are not really comfortable and may result in huge effort in case of modification done later.

I should write a How to about this...

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right.

Finally, I decided by option 1, I will create two VC models.

Thanks for you answer. If you write the How-to, let me know, please.