cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Import Images

aaron_thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

When I try to add image I get message in error log window of import dialog box indicating "Adobe Photoshop 5.0 or higher is required to import this image".

I have Photoshop CS2 installed and I installed Photoshop CS2 compatibility registry fix from SAP. Has anyone else had success importing images? If so, what is your configuration.

I'm running MDM 5.5 SP03 on Linux platform. I'm using Data Manager client on WIN XP Pro SP2.

Thanks for any info regarding this.

Aaron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aaaron,

Let us know the exact procedure that you are trying to follow for "Importing" the image. This will help us in identifying the problem you are facing. If you are directly adding images using Data Manager, you will not have any issues.

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just inserted a test image into my repository without any problems, and I don't have Adobe Photoshop installed on this system. Are you trying to import a PSD or PSP file? If so, save your image as a BMP, JPG or other supported image type and try importing that.

I'm running on a WIN based system, and I just did the SP4 upgrade.

Hope this helps.

-Motley Drew

aaron_thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

Andrew, you may be on to something with the file type. It will work if I choose a jpg image. The one that is creating an error is a tif image. I thought MDM would support tif images as the original format.

My goal is to add images (for print publishing) in tif format and then create variants to generate jpg version for online viewing.

aaron_thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

Wanted to update everybody.

I was able to narrow down the problem somewhat. The only combination that I can get to import TIFF files is using Photoshop CS with the MDM Photoshop compatibility registry fix for Photoshop 8.0 installed.

Photoshop CS2 will add images in JPG or GIF. These are the only other two formats I tried. But I definitely cannot get it to add TIFF images.

I have opened up an OSS note. I will update the forum if/when a solution is determined.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

there was an update for the registry fixes. The best way to check this is to go into your registry. Go to start->run-> type in regedit.Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT->Interface->folder number: {9414F179-C905-11d1-92CC-00600808FC44}->

TypeLib ->You can manually change the versio to 9.0 if using Photoshop CS2. Since photoshop is not used for RGB JPGs or GIFs, I'm not surprised you were able to add it in.

Please let me know if this works for you,

Neta

aaron_thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neta,

As I stated in my original post, I have already installed the registry fix for Photoshop CS2 which changed the registry key you mentioned below. However, I have checked the registry key manually and confirmed that it in fact shows 9.0 as the version.

I still am unable to add TIFF format images.