Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Attributes & Security role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to develop HR role for 34 different regions for which I need to develop 34 different roles.

Is there any option like we create a single HR role with * at personal area and can able to control the access through User attributes somewhere outside PFCG?

Please guide.

Thanks,

SAP Consultant

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the reason why you want to bypass the standard auth concept?

Are you using structural auths?

Former Member
0 Kudos

An option is "personalization" but that depends on whether the application supports it.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes....in personalization....there is an option for "attribute" which I may set for this.

But are you aware of how I exactly need to deal with the "Attribute" under personalization tab to restrict the access.

Thanks,

SAP Consultant

0 Kudos

You will have to read the documentation on personalization and which APIs it provides.

This means that your application must support it.

So... you need to tell us more about the application and less about roles, as you do not want to use them for control (you can however also assign personalization keys to roles, however user personalizations take preference.

Note that in contrast to parameter IDs )in case someone mentions them...) the personalizations can only be changed by an admin of the user or the role (S_USER* objects).

PIDs are a preference... only.

Cheers,

Julius