cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIP Profile not billing for Time Written to WBS or Sales Order....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. I am trying to create a DIP profile to bill for time recorded to a WBS/Sales Order. How can I achieve this? I have come up with something but it is not billing for time recorded to a WBS or Sales Order. Can anyone explain how to create a DIP Profile to bill for time written to a WBS or sales order?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas on why my DIP profile is not billing? I have created my profile like this:

Usage : Billing and Result Analysis with sales document type YBDR(Debit Memo Req).

Sources : Actual Cost

I have not indicated any Selection Criteria

Material Determination: I have entered several materials for which T&M billing is required and I have entered the following criteria: Activity Type (one activity type per material), Cost Element Set.

DP90 pulls up the quantity of hours recorded to the WBS in CAT2 but no prices are attached. Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you did the time transfer to PS after CAT2 before trying to generate the DM.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done the transfer to target components but I always get the result, 'no records for transfer to PS' even though time has been written to a WBS. Any ideas? Time writing is done to the WBS and not the Network. Can this be the problem?

Edited by: Esi Ojior on Sep 12, 2011 12:22 PM

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Have a work center or HR object like personal resource assigned in WBS.

Network will be important, when you want to do planning.

Thanks & Regards

JP

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not writing the time to the network need not be the problem as there can be WBS elements without associated networks.

Please check if your WBS is enabled for SD billing. Check if you have ticked the "Billing Element" checkbox ticked on for the WBS element. Then book the timing and release it to PS. After this you try creating a request for billing in DP90 or 91. Then it should work.

Lemme know if this doesnt work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post the CATS time entry using CAT7, then

In CJi3 see if the time posted is available to be billed on the WBS Element.

if its, available the try dp91 to create a debit memo request for the tome booked on the WBS element.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks & Regards