cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Only stock from HU storage locations are allowed on HU "X"

0 Kudos

I am trying to create a TO for a material received on a 3rd party PO into WM. The system is correctly indicating that the material should go in a valid storage bin based on our storage type/section criteria (LT04), but we are getting this error where the X indicates the storage unit number.

"Only stock from HU storage locations are allowed on HU "X""

Our warehouse is NOT Handling Unit managed, but it is Storage Unit managed.

We are using a Putaway strategy of "P" (Storage Unit Type) and a Stock Removal strategy of "F"(FIFO).

Note that the Destination storage section is blank in LT04 when this error occurs u2013 this would normally be populated.

Additionally, if you specify the storage type and section in the previous screen (when setting the SUTu2019s) it populates this field, but still gives this error.

We're really puzzled on this one and it only occurs periodically.

Thanks for any help.

Bryan

Edited by: mirahu on Sep 8, 2011 8:26 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the problem here is that you have overlapping number ranges between SU's and HU's. If you have SU's that are not in a HUM storage location, the numbers cannot overlap with an existing HU number range. If they do, you will get these types of errors and you cannot proceed.

Please see the following documentation which describes the settings required when HUM is activated at client level even though the particular storage location may not have HUM activated. It is taken from the IMG at path:

IMG -> Logistics Execution -> Warehouse Management -> Storage Units -> Master Data -> Define Number Ranges

o If, in a client, you have storage units that are also handling units, and SUs that are not handling units, then you must use

storage unit number assignment for the storage units that are not HUs. You assign these numbers at warehouse number level. The system cannot check the number ranges against each other. Therefore, when you create number ranges you must ensure that the number ranges for HUs and for storage units do not overlap. Any overlaps in these number ranges can lead to inconsistencies within Warehouse Management.

The number ranges for handling units and storage units must be kept seperate. You can check this in SNRO and number ranges for LVS_LENUM and HU_VEKP and see if they overlap.Please change this and ensure there is no overlap and then retest.

Regards,

Sinéad Curran

0 Kudos

Sinead,

Thanks for your reply. I had found another post suggesting the same thing from a different angle and it seems to be the case, but there is a pattern appearing as I try to create TO's.

I am creating TO's and viewing the list of handling units in HUMO and even when there is a match in the HU number and the SU number it does not always generate this error.

In the list of HU I see a column showing the Plant and the Storage Location. When there is a storage location specified (i.e. Plant US01, StLoc 1000) the TO is generated without any error, but if there is NO Storage Location specified in the HU list we get the error. It's presenting an obvious pattern, but we haven't been able to determine the relationship.

Thanks.

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the configuration of, HU requirement of sloc and default value of delivery

SPRO->LG->HU management->MM->Inventory management

OR

SM30->T001w->maintainace log->Object MB_DELIV-->Create delivery in IM

Thanks,

Milind