Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP logon modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My client has a requirement. They want to place a "forgot password" link in the welcome / login screen. I've done a bit of searching but could not find desired results.

Found the exit EXIT_SAPLSUSF_001 and FM - SYSTEM_REMOTE_LOGIN; but these are not useful as they are executed after successful logon (please correct me if am wrong).

Tried with SO70, but this is not supported from 4.6c.

I've got a hunch that when the system is called from Logon pad and before the screen flashes, there might be some modules where we can invoke this or put a piece of custom code. Am looking for any modules that run in this span, but i don't know how to trace them (if they do exist, i believe they do .. ).

If any one has already implemented this, please guide me.

BTW, we are using ECC6.0 / SAP logon 7.10 & 7.20.

Regards,

Srihari

Edited by: Srihari Rao on Sep 8, 2011 5:52 PM

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Without logging in to the SAP system, you will not be able to validate the user in SAP system. So, a "Forgot password" link in the login screen is not a better option.

However, if you have GRC installed, you may look at the Password Self Service option.

Also, many Identify management software provide you user self service options.

Regards,

Raghu

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you just want to display URL to a service that will do password reset then you can display text right next to input fields. Usually, you have a list of all clients. Not sure how it displays URL. More info in note 205487.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even easier than password self services is Single-Sign-On (from an authentication provider or some credential then already have).

Then you can delete the password... (but should check that users are not authorized to reset them and that password based logins is very restricted (to a group of users, for whom the password might have been reset or still active).

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies.

Julius and Raghu,

We have not implemented neighter GRC nor SSO.

Martin,

The requirement is to have a user friendly logon screen (welcome screen - S000), where the user will have a link or button with with a ticket is raised to the basis team for resetting his/her password upon unsuccessful logons.

FYI - we have already incorporated the Web page after the successful logon.

I think i've made my clients requirement clear.

Please help if or direct me towards acheiving this. even if there is ABAP coding involved .. etc .. small clue will also do ..

Regards,

Srihari

0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

I think you' have run into one of those "in SAP this is a big nono" situations.

The problem with trying to manipulate the logon screen is that if anything goes wrong you'll render your system unusable.

I'd go for the text solution Martin proposed.

Jurjen

0 Kudos

even if there is ABAP coding involved .. etc .. small clue will also do ..

How users authentication is checked with out logging in to the system? How you will authorize the users to execute an ABAP program??

If your plan is to modify the ABAP code that is associated with the initial screen, it is not possible and creates lots of mess as mentioned above.

If you just need a notification to be sent to a specific team, use a custom built ABAP program that gets the records matching usr02-uflag (which matches value 128) and schedule a periodic job. When you add a spool list recepient, he will get a mail with the users who are locked. (Also, check RSUSR200 transaction to run with variants).

Please check - /people/aspire.wf/blog/2009/11/18/automatic-notification-mail-to-basis-for-user-locking

But, what incase if the user ID expired? what incase if the user ID is locked by an admistrator?? What incase if the user ID is accidently deleted Don't overload your systems with custom design programs and too many background jobs.

Regards,

Raghu

Edited by: Raghu Boddu on Sep 12, 2011 4:24 PM. Added link.

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for your inputs. We have already told to the client that this will cause problems.

>I>f your plan is to modify the ABAP code that is associated with the initial screen, it is not possible and creates lots of mess as mentioned above.

This was the inital plan of the client. Now they are convinced.

More over the link which you've provided seems to be the useful one. Atleast Basis guys will get a mail when user is locked. Further - as you said :

>>But, what incase if the user ID expired? what incase if the user ID is locked by an admistrator?? What incase if the user ID is accidently deleted

all the details has to be sorted out too. Am closing this thread.

Once again, thanks to all of you guys.

Regards,

Srihari

Edited by: Srihari Rao on Sep 13, 2011 11:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot guys!!