cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administrator user Expire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The administrator password of BI Java is getting expired after we made a datasource change from BI ABAP to BI Java.Administrator is assigned as a Default user & UME security policy says it should expire afer 90 days.But 90 days has not been covered but still it got expired.I am in confusion whether it is taking any policy from ABAP??The security policy of Technical user is 0 days so will it be recommended if we change administrator from default to Technical user??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's a unsolved mystery sol I am closing this thread!!

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should make administrator user as Technical user only as it is the super user and its password should not expire.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunny..Administrator is created automatically after installation.Whether it is a best practise/recommendation to change the Administrator user from Default to Technical user always as a part of Post Installation step??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny one more think I want to tell you is that Administrator password is expiring only on that systems where we have made the data source change from java to abap!!Datasources which are UME , Administrator password is not expiring.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any parameter set in ABAP for password expiration ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think so..Which parameter Sunny I should check in ABAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the recommendation for Administrator user.Is it Default or Technical user??Whether it is recommended to keep the validity period for Administrator user?

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did the expiration occur right after the datasource change? If yes, I think it's just a security measure to make sure that you pick up a new password for the 'newly' used Administrator.

I'd say whether the Administrator should be Technical or Default would depend on how you use this account (background jobs? etc.) and your company's security policy

Cheers,

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Dao the expiration did not occur right after the datasource change..It occured after 1 month.

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like one of those "unsolved mysteries"

Well, I guess you can keep the user account as Default and observe it during the next 90 days (or whenever the password is going to be expired) or change it to Technical and ... forget about it

Dao