cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New pricing Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I define new pricing procedure instead of old procedure. now its working fine. but my doubt is

New procedure give any error with live posting time because client previously use old procedure now i changed new procedure.

while creating sales order my client is using BDC.........

Any Problem. tell me

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if account determination is done correctly, then there would not be any problems in account postings done by using the new pricing procedure.

for extracting the condition records, the valid to and from date in the condition records shall make it clear to the system to populate prices etc. in the sales order without any problems.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as the condition types in new pricing procedure have condition records with current validity period, it wont cause any issue.

On the other hand, if you try to generate delivery and invoice for any old order which is having old pricing procedure, then it could cause an issue.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi....

Thanks for ur reply.

My doubt is if i change the pricing procedure , how it ll affect the billing??I think there s no link between pricing procedure and billing.....

Plz clarify my doubt.....

thanks in advance...........

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
how it ll affect the billing?

If you have different document pricing procedure for your billing type in VOFA, then it will affect. Even otherwise, for your document pricing procedure, since you have assigned the new pricing procedure in OVKK, system will throw an error if you try to generate billing for the sale order which is having old pricing procedure. Please see my above suggestion once again.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi G. Lakshmipathi,

I was trying to think of a business scenario where we have one pricing procedure for order and another for the billing document, but I could not come up with clear example. Would you please give an example from your experience or knowledge?

This would make it clearer.

Thank you, in advance!

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your comment -

think there s no link between pricing procedure and billing.....

Can I have two different pricing procedures at Sales order and Billing?

Read post by Ramanathan Raja -