cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPOSCOL not running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Several times we have found that SAPOSCOL was not running on my ECC6.0 Server.

OS - HP UNIX

As per my understanding whenever we down SAP and start it SAPOSCOL automatically get started with startsap script.

So if we find SAPOSCOL down, I expect somebody should intentionaly down it otherwise it should not be down.

Please let me know what could be other reasons of it or do we have anywhere log file available for it.

When we find SAPOSCOL down and we start it, it get start easily.

Please suggest.

Shivam Mittal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some times it happens with insuf shared memory also, Just check when was it happended and how much time it was out.

I suggest to check the start/stop sequence with users to make sure the sufficient parmissions and the automatic stat with startsap.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you suspect that somebody is killed the saposcoll process, manually, you can trace it by looking ".sh_history" in each user home folder at the OS level, to find out previous executed commands "saposcoll -k or kill -9 <pid>"

At the SAP level, you can try to figure out the responsible on the "security audit log" (SM20) who called tx "OS06".

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

Thanks for reply..

I checked that nobody has executed this command.

Can you tell what can be other reasons and where I can check in log file more information.

I check in ST06->log file but there is no information available.

Regards,

Shivam Mittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So it means that this process is not killed by someone manually, but the process is died because of a problem. Is it occured periodically?

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

We have first time faced this situation for our PRD env.

Shivam