cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILE 2 FILE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a scenario for file2file when I test it in the Integration Directory using test configuration it executes successfully, but I dont know why it is not picking the file from source directory and create output file target directory. I have the scenario, do I need to deploy the scenario anywhere, I mean I am not able to understand how this message is triggered so that the file will be picked up from the source directory. If any one can help me understand how it will be picked up I will really appreciate that.

Thanks

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you have configured your CC properly.

Goto Runtime Workbench and check Adapter monitoring. See what is the error and rectify it.

Thanks,

Prkaash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

I checked in the runtime workbench i found an error

Sender Adapter v2723 for Party '', Service 'MUGGU4':

Configured at 2006-08-24 16:15:49 EDT

History:

- 2006-08-24 16:15:49 EDT: Retry interval started. Length: 60.000 s

- 2006-08-24 16:15:49 EDT: Error: Directory C:/SAP does not exist

- 2006-08-24 16:15:49 EDT: Processing started

it says the source directory is not there but it is. Do I need to do some thing here

Thanks

Pavan

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where is your source file placed? Which server and folder? Are using NFS or FTP for picking up the file.

Give the full path like
server\folder

In case if it is in different system XI should have access right to that system.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have client i am using sap gui to hit the server. I dont know how to give it permissions to pick the file from my system. Do I have any choice here to make the adapter pick the file from my local system

Thanks

Pavan

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can download some simple FTP server software like "Golden FTP" and install it in your local machine. Configure your communication channels accordingly using FTP. This is one the simplest way to pick up files from ur local pc.

Thanks,

Prakash

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First if you are trying to pick the file from XI server, i.e using NFS protocol, then give the path of the file in the Source Directory Name in the Sender Communication Channel. Get help from BASIS team on this to create a folder in XI system , and put your file under that.

Then give \<folderName>\filename in the communication channel. Probably u need get permission to access these folders. It is like accessing a shared drive from the network. So similar permission is required in OS level.

From Local Machine~

Or you can configure FTP as a protocol in the file adapter configuration. FOr this install FTP server in your machine.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Try using CuteFTP if you want your local machine to act as a server. You can download it at

www.cuteftp.com

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

You have to give a server path, and NOT a local system path. It will not pick up if you give a path such as C:\...

Please give a server path.. for example , such as //10.201.104.55/files

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Please check these blogs..

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1 - File to File Part 1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2 - File to File Part 2

When you activate your file adapter, it polls for files in your source directory and pick them up.:)

Hope I have answered your question.

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful Answers