Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining organization of the users

former_member186144
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

We have requirement in our company, that a different workflow will be triggered depend on the director of the users.

If the user is in directorate A, then the approver will be the manager of user, VP of user, and director of user

However if the user in directorate OTHER than A, then the approver will be the manager of user, VP of user, director X, and then finally director of user

I'm thinking of creating different schema, in which if it the user belong to directorate A, then it will use schema 1, if it is directorate other than A, schema 2 will be used.

However I'm out of luck of how to determine to which directorate the user belong.The thing is the directorate level is in 3 level above the users. Is there a standard Function Module that we can use in here? For example, a FM where if I pass the org id of the directorate, it will return with all the user id belong to the directore (up to 3 levels below). Or any other method?

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use RH_STRUC_GET function module and check which ACT_WEGID (evaluation path) you should use (coming from T778A table).

Regards.

Laurent.

former_member186144
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for your reply. I see that Function Module RH_STRUC_GET might be able to fullfil my requirement. However I'm still confused of how to use the FM.

For example the parameter ACT_WEGID. I have checked table T778A, which parameter should I used if I want to get the employee of Division A? Is it A025 (All relationships to A025 -> is attended by).

And also parameter ACT_OTYPE and ACT_OBJID. If Division A in the structure (PPOSA_BBP) have this number in column ID

--> O 50002040, should I pass ACT_OTYPE = O and ACT_OBJID = 50002040? Because I have tried that, but its not working.

Thanks in advance for your help.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding you want to know abt all Org unit hierarchy for a user(Central person).

Please Use function module: RH_STRUC_GET

with the parameter as below:

ACT_OTYPE : CP

ACT_OBJID : Person Id

ACT_WEGID : EBP-UP

In result structure after execution you will get all the Org unit for Person (Bottom to UP).

Now you can perform further validation for Org unit as required.

Thanks,

Ankur

Answers (0)