Did you mean: 

DUETE - Logical Port for OBAfielReciever

adam_smith7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Following the Duet Deployment guide, on page 88 it states :

To update the RFC destination with the login details:

1. In the details view of the proxy, go to the Configurations tab.

2. Select the logical port you have created and click Display.

The details of the logical port are displayed.

3. Go to the Additional Information tab. and note down the value displayed in the HTTP

Destination field. This is the name of the RFC destination.

I should ,according to the documentation, go to SM59 and update the generated HTTP destination with the user and password for calling this service. It seems that the HTTP destination field the SOAMANAGER of Netweaver 7.02 is missing.

Does anyone know what happend to the http destination field in SOAMANAGER, and wether this step is still required for DUETE on NW 7.02 SP08??

I do realize that the fact that the http destination field in the SOAMANAGER is not DUET specific, however the DUET documentation has led me to this pioint.

Kind Regards

Adam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

binson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

While giving the webservice URL in LCM configuration wizard for reporting / workflow, please give the port number also.

You should give the port numbers even if the port numbers are default ( HTTP - 80 & HTTPS - 443).

This is because of a bug in wizard and we are in the process of fixing it. But just you continue with your configuration, please give the port number also.

Regards,

Binson

adam_smith7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Binson,

Thanks for the reply.

Im pretty confident that it is indeed so, but are you able to confirm the following statement: In NW702, it is no longer neccessary to update the generated Http destination in SM59 with user name password when creating a logical port for a client proxy in SOAMANAGER.

Regards

Adam

binson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

If you are using LCM configuration wizard to configure the webservice logical port in SCL system, then you need not update the HTTP destination in SM59. The wizard will do all configuration by itself.

If you are not using LCM wizard then:

1. If your SCL BASIS version is SP06 then you can modify HTTP destination deails in SM59.

2. If your SCL BASIS version is SP08 then you will not be able to modify HTTP destination in SM59. THis is because from SOAMANAGER you will not be able to find the HTTP destination created for the logical port.

So its always recomented to use LCM wizard for this configuration.

Regards,

Binson

adam_smith7
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Binson, clear.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

you are absolutely right. With NetWeaver 7.02 SP08 the configuration changed and it is no longer possible to retrieve the HTTP destination and look up the RFC destination. As a matter of fact if you go to SM59 you will not even find any of the SOAMANAGER created RFC destinations anymore.

So can you try to perform this specific step via the Configuration Wizard (just deselect all but the last step, only the one "SharePoint related configuration". )

Then perform this step which will create the SOAMANGER entry and set the correct usernames / passwords in the (hidden) SM59 RFC parts.

Regards,

Holger.

adam_smith7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Holger

Thanks for the quick response and helpful answer.

Ive tried to do do the config using the wizard - but get an error saying "The profile does not exist in the SCL system.".

Do you happen to know what profile is being referenced?

Regards

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you only performing the last step? Have you implemented [Note 1615642 - Syntax error in installation wizard (in SP8)|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1615642]

Regards,

Holger.

adam_smith7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

Yes, I have implemented the note and I am only performing the last step : " Sharepoint Related configuration, " .

I was actually the instigator of that note being released ( oss message 581697 / 2011 ) .

Do you know of another way to get to those hidden RFC destinations?

Regards

Adam

Edited by: Adam Smith on Sep 9, 2011 2:46 PM