cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Furnace Capacity in APO PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing an implementation for an enginering Industry and i have to model furnace capapcity in APO PPDS, below is my requirement.

As an example RR have a furnace that processes parts in batches of 500 units and they want to sequence the orders so that the delay is determined until 500 units have been accumulated, as per the example below:

Order 1 op 10 - 50 pieces u2013 10 hrs u2013 date 17.09.11

Order 2 op 20 u2013 50 pieces u2013 31.25 hrs u2013 date 20.09.11

Order 3 op 50 u2013 100 pieces u2013 62.5 hrs u2013 date 25.09.11

Order 4 op 80 u2013 300 pieces u2013 125 hrs u2013 date 25.09.11

Therefore orders 1, 2 and 3 need to be grouped and scheduled to start on the 25.09.11 in parallel (i.e the start date and time for all the orders mentioned above should be the same).. Is there a standard way to process this type of thing or is it necessary to write some bespoke code in the heuristic/optimiser.

Any guidance or thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please elaborate on the steps i should perform to achieve the baove objective.

I activated the syncronization in the resource then added the setup key in the PPM for 2 materials.

I just created a setup group with a setup key ( did not assign any time).

Then assigned the setup key in PPM for both the materials.

When i created order the system did not automatically synchrozie the heating operation dates and time, nor does it happen through re scheduling in RPT.

If you can provide me the steps that i need to follow to syncrinize the operation times, would be very much helpful.

Thanks.

rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan

1. Resource activate synchorinization- Already done.

2. Maintain one more capacity dimension may be 500 units in the resource. or volume of resource

3.You can only use set up group only no need of set up key assign set up group to operation in PPM

4. Make sure you maintain in PPM fixed duration and not variable duration as time required for entire batch of 500 will be same.

5. Now take heuristic run it should adjust the dates if new planned order has requirement date in between start and finish date of already planned order.

6. Try in DS Board to reschdule orders You should able move these orders as one block.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajan,

You can also try rescheduling RPT and check results. Rescheduling I am not able to recollect how it behaves. Used this quite some time back.

Regards,

Santosh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santosh, The problem is solved.

Just one more question can we change the Continuos Dimension of Available capacity (from no dimension to Volume) of a Multimixed resource.

I changed the dimension to Volume of a multiactivity resource but couldnt change of a Multimixed resource.

Thanks once again for alll your help.Points have been awarded.

Rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Santosh,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i want to plan orders of different products.As you mentioned the duration for heating these materials would be the same on that furnace work center. Yes it is a restriction of volume as the furnace can only accomodate 500 units at a time.

My problem is i have 5 orders as mentioned in my above e.g and all have different start times for heating operation, but physically i would be entering the all the quantities of these 5 orders in the furnace at the same time, so the start time should be the same and also the end time.Since they have different start times i tried to reschedule all these orders in APO PPDS but they are sequenced one after the other rather than all these orders having the same start date and time.

hopefully am clear, else please let me know.

Rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

Now I got your requirement .

You need to model your resource as a Multi Mixed resource.

Multi Mixed resource can have another capacity dimension such as volume or number of units apart from Time dimension.

In the resource in the time cont capacity tab you need to set synchronizatn start to use synchornizatn. What it will do is while planning if requirement date lies between start and end date of already scheduled planned order it will match start date with scheduled planned order. you need to use set up group to identify product to be grouped together.

Also you have some options while doing detail scheduling.

For details refer to link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/0d/708e3c90347b17e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Detail scheduling topics-detail scheduling--Synchronizing activities on multi resources.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

Requirement is not clear to me if you want to process parts in batches of 500 units you can set minimum lot size as 500 and get the one planned order of 500 quantity.

Do you want to Plan orders of different products which can be combined together to form lot of 500 and then processed in furnace?

Then Duration required to process these orders should be same I mean both start as well as end time.

Is it restrication of volume of furnace that it can accomdate batch of 500 units? Can you make it more clear so that we can think of some solution