Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ASK] Debug Script Logic

cosmas_phepar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys.

How to debug script logic ?

So i can see if my scoping, calculation part, and commit are correct.

See the data of scoping just like i debug itab in abap program, see variable value, etc.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I guess there have been changes in BW regarding this topic in the last 2.5 years, because I am looking at Transaction UJKT and half of the fields you are talking about is not there.

I would also like to reiterate about a .pdf file: Any guides, tutorials out there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to clarify what Gersh already laid out below.

There is NO Script Logic Debugger per se. There was a Script Logic Debugger in versions of OutlookSoft prior to the SAP acquisition of OutlookSoft however since then there has not been a Debugger that you can view your Script Logic Code in and step through a debugger like you can in ABAP.

However as Gersh laid out in his response you can Debug the ABAP that interprets your Script Logic coding. This is a bit more complicated as you need to understand the looping constructs and how the Script Logic Engine is interpreting the code in ABAP etc.

UJKT - is a transaction that you can use to run your Script Logic inside of SAPGUI so that you get -

1) Better error messaging

2) The capability to debug if you really in truly are able to dig into the code within the UJK Package.

3) The capability to test different Script Logic scenarios for specific users other than your own (which comes in handy if you are testing security and want to make sure that the Script Logic is being restricted during its reads appropriately)

So in summary,

1) There is no Script Logic Debugger.

2) You can debug the ABAP that interprets the Script Logic

3) There is a SAP Gui transaction that can help you do this (UJKT)

Hopefully this clarifies things a bit.

Cheers, Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try using the T-code UJKT.

cosmas_phepar
Participant
0 Kudos

I have copied the script logic & paste it in UJKT; VALIDATE, EXECUTE; but only create LGX & LOG in right window and nothing happen.

What i want is move into debugging process just like ABAP Debugging.

Would you give more detail information how to use UJKT to debug script logic ?

Thank you.

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

UJKT is the right first step, but then you have to put a break-point in the program that executes your script. Unfortunately data retrieval for different key words is done in different programs, but all of them are called from CL_UJK_RUN_LOGIC class.

Also, all of the transaction data retrievals go through SQE engine and you can put a break-point there, but it could be difficult to find out from what part of the script this call was made.

Regards,

Gersh

cosmas_phepar
Participant
0 Kudos

Could you explain step by step how to use UJKT ?

And where to put the breakpoint ?

Is there any document (pdf) how to debug script logic ?

Thank you.

anil_agrawal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use UJKT, fill all other portion like application, user, parameter.

Type "/h" in command bar , enter. then execute the programme.

You will be in the ABAP Programme, Now debug like normal ABAP.

Anil

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Didn't you say above that you ran UJKT? Why are you asking how to run it now? Which particular field you have questions about?

To debug you ave to put a break-point in Class CL_UJK_RUN_LOGIC. Method depends on what you have in your script, but CONSTRUCTOR or RUNLOGIC would be a safe bet.

cosmas_phepar
Participant
0 Kudos

@Gersh Voldman :

Actually in that debug i was looking for coding of script logic, so i press next until screen show again didn't find any script logic code.

But i am aware the coding is inside itab, am i right ?

Thank you.

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you just want to see you script logic there you should look at me->dt_logic in any of methods. If you want to see code generated from your lgf code you can see it in me->dt-lgx.

Yes, those are internal tables that hold script logic texts.