cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Can anyone tell me in which format the abap form sent to the client, either it is sent as a xml data or binary data or some other format? In the client side the abap form is rendered as PDF. If I request a form the response I get is the PDF, so in which format is the pdf transferred to the client browser?

Moderator message: please choose more descriptive subject lines for your posts.

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Sep 8, 2011 10:54 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your question is little confusing

can you explain your senario

Thanks

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thankyou for your reply.

The client here is referred as the Browser. When a request is sent from the browser, in which format the abap form is sent from the SAP application server ? Whether the pdf is sent in the binary format or in a xml format to the browser to render it using the adobe reader ?

former_member222709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Data from SAP can be sent to a Web Browser int multiple formats. It can be in xml, pdf, txt and it depends on the program forwarding the data.

There are multiple Function Modules (FM) available in SAP that help download data in the required format. e.g. Web Dynpro can be used to forward data to a Web Browser as required.

If that is not the answer, then, mention the details about the issue faced with the code snippet or detailed doubts. We'll be in better position to help.

Regards,

Pranav.

former_member222709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome to SDN.

I'm a bit confused about your question. Even your subject line is vague.

Could you please elaborate on, what are you referring to as client?

Regards,

Pranav.

Edited by: Pranav Mandelia on Sep 8, 2011 1:44 PM