cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGP Encryption in PI

abhradeepbasu
Participant
0 Kudos

Could you please let me know how PGP encryption is implemented in PI also would like to know about the keys concept like public key ring and secret key ring.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

FOR PGP there are multiple options

Third party adapter module

OS script

Java mapping

/people/sandeep.maurya4/blog/2011/01/23/pgp-encryptiondecryption-using-java-code

PUBLIC key and secret key.

Suppose if you want to send some data to bank.

then you need to collect banks Public key and encrypt the data by using that. Only Bank can decrypt the data using their corresponding private key.

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve encryption and decryption in several waya.

1. you can purchase third party adapter modules for encryption & decryption and make use of them.

2.You can write your own custom adapter module in java .

3.You can use shell scripts.

In case of adapter modules, you've to add that module in your communication channel before callAdapter module and you've to provide the public key which is used for encryption. The adapter module will take the public key from keystore location and encrypt the given file. In case of decryption it requires a private key or passwod to decrypt the encrypted file.

Regards

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are different ways in which u can implemet PGP encryption in PI one of them is using adapter modules for the same .....chk this discussion:

i have also implemented the PGP enc and decyption in one of my client's landscape by developing my own custom adapter module using 3rd party libraries (DIDSOFT)....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can search your query on SDN, to get more information on PGP implementation in XI.

To help you refer this thread

http://www.pgpi.org/doc/pgpintro/

regards

Ramesh