Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making project defination non editable

kalpesh_agrawal
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

I want to make the project definastion field non editable, i.,e, after entering it first time and saving it, it should be grayed out so that no one can change it.

Kinldy suggest how i can achive it.

Regards,

Kalpesh Agrawal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have several means to prevent users to change the ID:

• authorisations (activity 45 is to change the ID) (perhaps alternative, the use of enhancement CNEX0002)

• user status

• validation

The easiest way to control the changing of the project definition is via authorisation.

See auth objects:

1) C_PROJ_VNR PS: Project Manager for Project

2) PS_ACTVT Activity for authorization check 45 Change project number

3) C_PRPS_VNR PS: Project Manager Authorizati

4) PS_ACTVT Activity for authorization check 45 Change project number

If you include these objects in the user profiles WITHOUT activity 45 you will achieve your aims.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

or...

You can customize the field PROJ-PSPID in the field selection, but before you must add these field into the field selection. You can extend the list of the modifiable fields of the field selection in Transaction SFAW within the framework of a modification.

In transaction SFAW enter module SAPLCJWB and screen group PROJ. Please refer to the attached note 114390 which explains this in more detail.

The validation would have to include a user exit which compares table PROJN to current field contents when saving.

Create or amend a user status using transaction OK02. Create a new line entry and set the "Init. Status" flag so that this

status is applied as soon as the Project / WBS is created. Set the business transaction behind this to disallow "Change WBS number" Save. Specify this User Status Profile within the Project Profiles of your projects. When you now create a project the WBS number fields are open for input until you press enter or save the project. To change the WBS number you

then need to remove the user status and reply when finished.

Being a User Status you can also assign an Authorisation code to this so that only certain individuals can carry this out.

There is currently no business transaction available for protecting the Project Definition. However, there is a workaround solution using a third party product called GuiXT which is shipped for use with version 4.0 onwards and is free for you to use. It basically means writing a text script command that makes the field greyed out unless you have a specific user-logon. You can find out more information regarding GuiXT at the following Web address: http://www.synactive.com.

My recommendation is to use the authorisation option by restricting most users from activity '45'.

Regards,

Syed Ammar Zaheer

Edited by: Ammar Zaheer Syed on Sep 8, 2011 11:14 AM

kalpesh_agrawal
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Ammar,

Thak you very much for your valuable answer. The problem is sorted out using authorisation.

Just want to ask ne thing, if i want to make WBS elemet code also non editable then what authorisation object and activity should i use.

Regards,

Kalpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpesh,

I will have to look up on the authorization object and activity to be used for WBS ID. However, as mentioned in my post, SAP standard practice is to use user status to control changes to WBS ID.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Syed Ammar Zaheer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of making the field grayed out why don't you set up a Validation that will prohibit changing the project definition? You can use the Project profile or the project type as prerequisite.

Regards,

Gokul

kalpesh_agrawal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

What shuld be the prerquestite for validation on project defination field.

Regards,

Kalpesh Agrawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Read my earlier post.

Regards,

Gokul