Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying support patches in development system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

please help in below

now i required to upgrade support patches in dev,qas and prd (all softward components from 7 to 10 ), iam very new for this activity

i followed below process to upgrade.

i) downloading all software component patches in local system

ii) applied MC in server

iii) extract all software components and placed in EPS/in box and also checked permissions

iv) load patches and define patches (here i select one by one component)

v) import patches

here i have querry

when i get SPDD and SPAU

what should i do if i gets SPDD/SPAU ..i don t know exact process for SPDD/SPAU

please suggest

how can i upgrade in quality, same as dev or any other process is their

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask your BASIS team if you are not from.

Google/Search SDN before posting your queries

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest to take expert's help for this activity.

As it needs proper backup of system before aplying the patch and extra care during activity and post process steps for better functionality. In a single word it needs expert monitoring for quick trouble shooting.

*I just suggested by assuming your query is very initial

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During the upgrade or support package import, the system may require SPAU/SPDD activity, because of the system has found modified original SAP objects, delivered by package.

There are two major actions might be take here; keep and do not replace the obect with the new one or reset to the original. At this stage, you need to collaborate with the development team. This is because, only develelopment team knows what objects should be reset or keep.

You can check the documents, below;

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERP6/SPAU+Corrections

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/709abcf3-7d77-2c10-8d86-b9d2cb01c...

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Reply,

please tel me what exact Basis consultant Role on this SPDD/SPAU if it prompt while upgrading patches

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> please tel me what exact Basis consultant Role on this SPDD/SPAU if it prompt while upgrading patches

Send modified standard SAP objects list, on the SPAU to the team who is in charge with these developments. Then, regarding their reply, you should reset or keep the modified object in the SPAU/SPDD list.

Please read the articles that I sent you in the previous message.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swatthi,

During SPAU/SPDD phase, the system will ask to Keep the changes or reset the object to original. This decision is taking by the Functional leads and Development whether these changes should be kept or should be reset to original. Contact your Functional team for the decision to be taken.

Regards,

Shoeb