Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB ODBC 64

fabricebourdel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got a new powerfull "client" machine installed with Windows 7 64 Bits. Also i installed the MaxDB tools in 64 bits version.

Naturally the machine where the database is is Linux MaxDb 64 Bits (version 7.6.06.10).

I do use a lot MS Access 2010 since months, on the previous machine that was Windows XP, il was Office 2010 32 bits. Here naturally, i have Office 2010 64 bits. I'm searching for the ODBC drivers in 64 bits version, but always see the 32 bits version, does the ODBC 64 bits drivers exists ?

F.B.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks @Natalia,

I also solved error "..\sdb\globaldata\app\dbstd\login.conf (The system cannot find the path specified)" on the initial Database Studio start-up. Just run it with Administrative privileges in Windows 7 64x.

Siarhei

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

did you download the Version 7.6.06.10, X86, 64 bit for Windows, complete software package at

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/maxdb-downloads ?

For more information about ODBC, see the Microsoft Developer Network at http://msdn.microsoft.com

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

fabricebourdel
Participant
0 Kudos

yes exactly, i downloaded "SAP MaxDB Database Studio 7.8.02.21 for Windows" 64 bits version.

But at the end of the installation, there is an error message that says

Read preferences for user management failed
Goto Window->Preferences->Database Studio->User Management to check your settings
or check the file <indep data directory>/app/dbstd/um.properties

See Window->Show View->Event Log Viewer for more details

and in the eclipse console

C:ProgramDatasdbglobaldataappdbstdlogin.conf (Le chemin du2019accès spécifié est introuvable)

after check, the "app" directory doesn't exist !!!

Nevertheless, OBDC 64 bits is present, but just for dbase, excel and ms access... i do not see any drivers about maxdb !!!

I also tried to create the "appdbstd" directories after launching the installer, but nothing changes.

I tried to change the directory "DatabaseStudio" from the installation path to "dbstd" directory through the installer too, bot nothing changes.

Customize installation contains :

Installation Name : DatabaseStudio

Installation Path : c:Program FilessdbDatabaseStudio

The "review & confirm" section indicates :

Private Data Path -

and then i launch the install. At the end, the installer indicates "you have successfully installed SAP MaxDb". When i watch the log, it's all ok but just

after INFO: Debug Archive = SDBUTL.SDB

there is

ERR: Invalid value for type "path"

and at the end

WRN: package registry is in readonly mode

But i saw for earlier installations errors about accessing the registry (not here, i don't know why)

Edited by: Fabrice Bourdel on Sep 8, 2011 1:59 PM

fabricebourdel
Participant
0 Kudos

has nobody any idea ?

it sounds like there is a path problem with the installer on a brand new Windows 7 sp1 64 bits !!!

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It's now database studio installation question. Correct?

IIn case you have activated the user account control (UAC), problems may occur when you set up the service UMDB during the installation of the Database Studio. To start this service, you require ADMIN rights.

=>

When you start the Database Studio the first time after the installation or upgrade,

use the "Run as administrator" mode.

< Just right-click the Database Studio icon to call the context menu and and choose "Run as administrator".

I'm running the DB studio on Windows 7 server. >

fabricebourdel
Participant
0 Kudos

yea ok thanks,

I uninstalled all, reinstall in admin mode, and launched Database Studio in admin mode : it works !!! great !

But the initial problem is that in ODBC, i can not see any drivers about MaxDB !!! The Only drivers installed are dbase, Access, Acces text, Excel and sql server.

I always though the installation of Database Studio would install the Maxdb odbc drivers too !

do you have any idea about this ?

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see document:

"ODBC Manual " at

http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_7/46/77b96888115808e10000000a114a6b/content.htm

and

"Software Components" at

http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_7/d4/1df691b76048d588777764c38c424f/content.htm

Also run "sdbregview -l" and see if "ODBC - SAP MaxDB ODBC driver for accessing the SAP MaxDB database system"

software installed < "run as Administrator" command prompt, go to IndepProgPath/bin >.

fabricebourdel
Participant
0 Kudos

Yea great many thanks !

I realised yes that i had only lanched the database studio installer, and forgottent the the "server install" permits to install juste the "client side". For me the database Studio programs should have installed what was needed for odbc...

Also i disinstalled all, and installed "just" :

• max db client (my machine is not the server)

• database studio with first lauch in administrator... (good trick...)

and i have the maxdb odbc driver yet ! problem solved !

Cheers !

fabricebourdel
Participant
0 Kudos

oups... doesn't work !

In windows 7, odbc window

• i create the system datasource i need,

• i tested then connection, that is ok (with the button on the same window)

but...

when i open an existing access database with tables that are linked to the odbc source, there is an error message at the opening

"ODBC - l'appel a échoué"

ok, then i thought because the linked table was added "before" with a 32 bits machine maybe the dsn exactly the same.

i tried to create with access 2010 an attached odbc table (under the windows 7 64 bits), i choose the created system datasource just before, then there is a dialog windows that ask for the parameters (partially filled) of the server, the database name, the user and password. I type in all that is needed, then another window lists all the accesible tables and views from the database (the catalog of the database is then correctly read), but when choosing any table and clicking ok, i get an error message :

"Erreur réservée (-7731) : aucun message n'est assigné à cette erreur"

For information : i installed the client portion of MaxDB 64 bits, but the 7.8.02.21

But the database server is 7.6.06.10, would it be a reason of the problem ?

Anyway, i tested before to install the client portion of maxdb, but the same version of the database, but the installation didn't work !

The only test that i could try could be to install the client portion of the 7.7 version...

Any idea of this new problem ?