Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Interactive Forms

RahulGoyal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi:

We are implementing Adobe Interactive Forms for Travel Expense Booking integrated with Portal (where user would download the form from portal locally to work offline and then upload it later when connected).

For the form to function properly, our consultants has asked to make following changes in the Adobe Reader settings on user machine:

1. Under Edit -> Preferences -> Internet -> Check "Display PDF in browser"

2. Under Edit -> Preferences -> JavaScript -> Check "Enable Acrobat JavaScript"

3. Under Edit -> Prefenences -> Security (enhanced) -> Uncheck "Enable Enhanced Security"

All the above three changes are opposite to our current settings. And our IT group is seeing a major secutity threat to company network on making the above changes.

I wanted to check how other companies with Adobe implementation are handling the above changes? Is there any technical work around to these changes?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no doubt at all that holes in Adobe pose a significant threat to security - especially turning on javascripting.

Unfortunatley, if you need dynamic/interactive forms, you don't have much choice other than to keep up with any security patches Adobe publishes.

RahulGoyal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

Rahul

AntonPierhagen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Also try to avoid the use of the javascript as much as possible. And do you use it in an intranet or extranet?

RahulGoyal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In order to upload the form, user needs to be on company network (VPN or wired network). It is Intranet.

I guess consultants has used Javascript for some dynamics in the form. Is there any work around to JavaScript but have some dynamics (form level) built in the form?

Thanks,

Rahul

AntonPierhagen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Not realy. They can encrypt data which is important

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to get really creative when trying to dynamically control the form without javascript / formcalc.

One of my little secrets (you owe me big points here) is that I prepare my output in a series of tables when possible.

For instance, in SAP i'll fill an internal table with

Customer | Sales Order Number
12345      |  80002038

Date         | 09/15/2011

Special Instructions | Deliver around back

something like this... then I drop this table where I need it. However, if there are no special instructions, I simply do not fill that info out in my internal table. This has the effect of "hiding" the field.