cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Error "Profile parameter icm/host_name_full is not set correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting this error constantly. The server on which solution manager is running is local and is not on the domain. Its in the workgroup. Issuing the "rz10" command and looking at the instance profile I see that the parameter SAPGLOBALHOST is present with the server host name.

Can someone please guide me on how to correct this error when the host is not present in any domain. Any tips would be nice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

The parameter icm/host_name_full is required for various functions in Solution Manager to be configured, and that would likely be why you have encountered this error.

This profile parameter needs to have the value in the format "host.company.domain"

You cannot set it to the hostname, or localhost. You could set it to localhost.mycompany.com, as it does not have to be valid, only have a valid format to filfill the requirements. The fact it is not in a domain is another thread

As Sunny mentioned this should be defined in the instance profile, and a system restart is required to make it effective.

Hope this explains it a bit more as why you get the error, and why you need to to use a FQDN format.

Regards,

Paul

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if your system is not in domain then also you need to set this parameter in Instance Profile. You can add entry in your Solution Manager server host file:

<ip address> <hostname> <hostname.domain.com>

Then set parameter in RZ10 and restart the system.

Thanks

Sunny