cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change existing PO in the backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM gurus,

Scenario: I have to create custom fields in shopping cart it will have the backend PO number, i need to check this field and add shopping cart line items to the the the same PO.

i can get the back end PO details by calling

"BAPI_PO_GET_DETAILS1",but i could n't find any structure in SRM for this bapi.

please help me out ,

points will be rewarded .

thankx,

Radha

Message was edited by: Radha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Radha

Did not understand your question properly.

If PO is created in then it will be shown in the follow-on docs tab of the shopping cart.

What exactly you are trying to add?

You can find PO# for a shopping cart by using FM BBP_PD_PO_GETDETAIL or BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL.

PS:Reward points if it is helpful to you.

Regards

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

There will be a custom field in 'basic data tab' of shopping cart .Already existing po number will be filled in that custom field ,and the user will be adding line items in the shopping cart.once the user save's sc ,and after approval ,and before the creation of back end document.

i have to check po number exists in the sc and get the details of the po from the back end and then get the sc details call 'bapi_po_change'and make changes to the r/3 po.

if the po check fails create po with standard sc program

Message was edited by: Radha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Radha

You said <b>Already existing po number will be filled in that custom field</b>

How will you fill the PO shile creating SC. PO will be created only after SC is approved.

Assume that you are changing the existing SC by adding new line items.

In that case how would you add line items to a SC for which a PO exists in bakend?

You can only add line items in PO in Bakend.

What is your SRM scenario?

Regards

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jaga,

Lets us suppose PO(0000783) exist in r/3 for sc 1000089.

now i am creating new sc(only 1 line item will bein sc) with the above po number .

1.system should check whether the po exists in the backend system....if not ...throw error mesage.(if entered)

2.if yes,after approval and before creating backend document,system should update(change) the existing po(0000783) comparing with new sc .

it shouldn't create new po for that sc(new)

3. the new sc should be deleted.(can we delete sc after approval?)....if no any other suggestion to achieve.

4. updated (change ) made should be reflected in the history of sc(1000089).

5. if po number is not given in the sc field...the system should follow the standard ..to create back end document.

the above is the scenario...Please help me to achieve this.

Thanks,

radha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Radha

This is not possible to check if a PO exists for this SC.

SC is a requirement and you can only check if the source of supply exists for the requirement using Contracts or Info records as sources.

Your requirement is totally deviating from the standard SC creation process.

For this you need to develop a complete new functionality by creating new screens, Programs, etc.

Better to raise an OSS note to SAP requesting this functionality.

Regards

Jagadish