cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puzzling condition type value

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am puzzled by this scenario

In the sales pricing procedure there is a condition type(for the sake of simplicity let's call it zabcd), this condition type has been assigned a routine in the column Alternative Condition base value (VOFM>Formulas>Condition base value)

This condition type(via abap code/routine) is picking the value of a condition record of condition type zefgh. My head went spinning when this condition type (zefgh) was not even found in the pricing procedure.

I was always under the impression that for a condition type's value to be picked up it necessarily had to exist in the pricing procedure. Am I wrong somewhere? Please correct me.

How can zabcd pick the value of condtion record of zefgh when zefgh is not at all present in the pricing procedure.I am puzzled by this scenario In the sales pricing procedure there is a condition type(for the sake of simplicity lets call it zabcd), this condition type has been assigned a routine in the column

Alternative Condition base value (VOFM>Formulas>Condition base value)

My question:

This condition type zabcd(via abap code/routine) is picking the value of a condition record of condition type zefgh. My head went spinning when this condition type (zefgh) was not even found in the pricing procedure. I was always under the impression that for a condition type's value to be picked up it necessarily had to exist in the pricing procedure.

Am I wrong somewhere? Please correct me.

How can zabcd pick the value of condtion record of zefgh when zefgh is not at all present in the pricing procedure.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With condition supplement, you can have values of condition types populating in your sales order, for cond types NOT in your pricing procedure.

The business example for this could be -

With PR00 (price) you shall always give KA00; thus in pricing procedure your give PR00 & NOT KA00, but you see the value of KA00 too.

To not include KA00 everytime in the pricing procedure concept of condition supplement is used.

KA00 is included in the pricing procedure assigned to PR00. So check in your condition type V/06, field "Pricing procedure". Then go to V/08 and go into that pricing procedure and search for ZEFG cond type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

this might be possibly because of ABAPer not cleared the buffer value for the routine used, track down the ZEFGH & understand where it is used, create an order so that ZEFGH value is populated, let this value be 12345, now goto your test again & now if ZABCD reads 12345, check with the abaper.

Regards

Ilango

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Gomatheeswaran & Ilango for providing functional and technical perspective. I really appreciate your valuable inputs. I am marking this as answered and I will try and test it tomorrow. Thanks once again.

I am sorry once again for my copy/paste errors in my question.

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go to tcode V/07 and navigate to zabcd. Check whether zefgh is the defined as ref condition type. If it is set, then the condition records will be referred from zefgh.

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran