cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME 6.0 User Preferences maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP ME 6.0 Base 6.0.1.0 Counter 40 Build ID 135293 I try to use the session User Preferences Maintenance.

When I start the session I am asked to enter Password for my User.

When entering the password (correct one) it displays a red circle with an exclamation mark and the text "(Message 0)".

Am I doing something wrong or do I have to do some configuration to make it work?

Br,

Johan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

we had the same problem, the solution is to give the user in nwa also ME_User right.

Its a curious, that me_admin will not work, but it should do so.

regards,

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

To use ME users must have SAP_ME_USER role.

SAP_ME_ADMINISTRATOR is dedicated for /manufacturing-admin and users that have only SAP_ME_ADMINISTRATOR role will not have access to /manufacturing at all. This is a bug and will be fixed in upcoming patch.

Thanks,

Bakhtiyar

PS. To clarify - the fix will prevent users with only SAP_ME_ADMINISTRATOR from accessing /manufacturing.

Edited by: Bakhtiyar Mirkhidoyatov on Oct 14, 2011 4:42 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

User must have Manage_My_Password action to access UME Self Services.

Do you see anything in logs, including security logs?

Thanks,

Bakhtiyar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bakhtiyar,

My user has Manage_My_Password and I have managed to change my own password without problem.

Default trace log shows nothing.

Where can I find security log? I have checked Netweaver Log Viewer but there is no records at the time

of the failure.

Br,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Sorry, I didn't get what are you trying to accomplish. User Preference is part of ME, so are you saying that when you open in ME, you cannot login?

Can you please describe in more details?

Security log can be viewed from Log Viewer or can be found in ..\j2ee\cluster\server0\log\system\security_XX.log

Thanks,

Bakhtiyar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bakhtiyar,

Yes. I have already manage to login to SAP ME 6.0 and in the activities list on the left hand I use:

Production - Product - User Preference Maintenance.

I know get a screen telling me the name of my site and my username. On the screen I can also see the tabs "Activity Manager", "Printer", "Product Workbench", "Supervisor users" and "Device History", but these tabs are greyed and not enabled for me to use. The only thing I can enter in the session is a password.

I enter my password in the text box on the screen and press "Retrieve" button.

Now I receive the error that I described in my first post.

Br,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Unfortunately, I cannot advice anything without closer look at your system. I just tried few scenarios with User Preferences and couldn't reproduce the issue you describe.

Please, consider creation of CSS and attaching screen shot of error and extracts from defaultTrace and security logs for corresponding period.

Thanks,

Bakhtiyar