cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multimapping for Synchronous interfaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to do multi mapping for synchronous interfaces.

I have observed that when the cardinality of the target service interface is changed to 0:unbounded , the response message mapping tab disappears from operation mapping.

Can anyone please suggest how it can be handled?

I have a requirement to call a webservice and then write multiple files from the webservice response.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem here is to pick responses for synchronous interfaces. so it is not directly possible. You might have to use CCBPM to achieve this.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the answer lies in using the BPM.

this will involve a block in foreach mode with a transformation and synchronous send step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

i dont think so ...if you think theroitically. you are doing multimapping where u have a N:M relation... so it will be difficult match the respose directly.

Since your scenario is syncrhronous, u have to rember the identity of source messgaes and then u need to reply back to those same identitiies. That means u have to use correlations and that can be achived by BPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

As per my understanding, this can not be supported via multi mapping in SAP PI. You will have to use BPM with Async to Sync bridge pattern to achieve this.

Regards,

Anurag