cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter gets error while deleting the file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running on PI 7.0 SP6. I built a simple integration scenario where a file is picked up from a certain directory on the server (PI server itself) and get processed according to some mapping rules and again put to an other directory. I used the file adapter for picking and putting the file with 2 different communication channels.

My integration works fine. File is picked up processed and put into its new location.

But the file adapter cannot work in archiving or deletion mode. So the file (to be picked up by PI) remains in its original location.

I am getting the following error:

Applications/ExchangeInfrastructure/AdapterFramework/Services/ADAPTER/ADMIN/File##com.sap.aii.adapter.file.File2XI.deleteFile(FileHandle)#J2EE_GUEST#0####18a971f3338011dbcde800145e69a8d4#XI AF File2XI[:EBI:File_from_EBI_to_EXS]##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.aii.adapter.file.File2XI#Java###Deleting of file failed - cannot proceed#1#E:

SCENARIOS

EBITOEXS

RFID

GELEN

tagdata22082006035719.xml#

#1.5#00145E69A8D4005B0000004700000A6400041BC49A1D56D3#1156431120046#/Applications/ExchangeInfrastructure/AdapterFramework/Services/ADAPTER/ADMIN/File##com.sap.aii.adapter.file.File2XI.processFileList()#J2EE_GUEST#0####18a971f3338011dbcde800145e69a8d4#XI AF File2XI[:EBI:File_from_EBI_to_EXS]##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.aii.adapter.file.File2XI#Plain###File 'E:

SCENARIOS

EBITOEXS

RFID

GELEN

tagdata22082006035719.xml' - deleting after processing failed - retry#

I tried everything but upgrading to a higher SP level and will do so unless anyone has an other suggestion.

Thanks a lot,

Murat Gölcü

murat.golcu@eczacibasi.com.tr

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check if you have DELETE access in the folder from which you are reading the file.

When you say ARCHIVE file in the File adapter, the XI will delete the file from the source folder and then create a copy in the ARCHIVE folder.

CHeck if you have DELETE access.

1. Try with mode as DELETE and see if file is getting Deleted.

2. Try with mode as TEST and see if scenarioworks fine.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

maxim_naidenov
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi,

Event this is old thread and most likely you solved your problem long ago, I could add some more info for the search engines to index.

You problem is caused by the fact that your J2EE engine that runs you AdapterFramework and the File Adapter respectively, does not have OS access rights to delete the mentioned file. The J2EE engine runs under its own user, that by default is configured to have access only to /usr/sap tree.

So simply go to the place where your file is and give full access of the J2EE system user to it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Abhy has said, try assigning full permission(777) to the file.

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are a few things you can do:

Check the permissions of the folder where the file is being Placed. (it will mostly have only read permission, this is what i could understand from your explanation)

If you are doing Content conversion, please can you just remove it and see if the XML file is getting generated.

Also, please check if it's picked up by any other application when you place it on the server.

Regards,

Abhy