Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete specifc org value from bulk roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on R/3 4.6C Version. In the system we also have role expert.

The requirement is to remove a particular organizational value from hundreds of derived roles. I think i can create the SCAT script to add the org values.

But i am not sure how to remove the same.

Please provide your valuable suggestion!!

Regards,

Suresh.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

well not sure of using script, please do maually.

Thanks,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the role expert still around?

Let the role expert fix the mess so that building hundreds of little derived roles and promoting org. fields without considerind the consequences does not happen again.

Ideally one should be able to model the org. sets and transfer these to roles and demote all fields to non-org. levels. GRC 10 does something slightly similar.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Is the role expert still around?

I have a feeling that the OP was referring to Role Expert product.....or Bug Expert as it was affectionately known.

Either way, I agree that the requirement is a "feature" of that type of design.

OP - how many roles do you have to change? For that sort of activity I usually budget 3 roles per minute so that's nearly 200 roles you can change in an hour.

0 Kudos

HI,

Please ask ABAPers for creation of Pgm which removes org value from Mass roles.

Thanks,

Darshan

0 Kudos

> Please ask ABAPers for creation of Pgm which removes org value from Mass roles.

And keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't delete everything....which is surprisingly common when automating org level admin.

0 Kudos

These sort of questions and answers happen as often as LSMW and eCatts because PFCG does not offer any formal APIs.

The best route is SU25, but a mass org. level maintenance for derived role childs would be cool and is a mssing feature.

I probably would still not use derived roles, but for those who do it would be cool.

Cheers,

Julius