Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL03N :change item greyed out from menu-> environment->change(greyed)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While we give VL03N transaction, user is facing problem that Change item is greyed out of Menu-> environment->change(greyed).

I have checked his Id and roles and found nothing has been changed...

When i have done SU53 and found that VL22N is missing and by providing that role(having VL22N) user gets the change button back !

But he told me that this role is not needed as the change button is greyed out from all the users of his team and he was having the access 2 weeks ago. He wants me to find the changes in his profile/Id. I think it is related to some user parameters.

Please help !!

Is it related to some user parameters stuff or just he is only missing VL22N t-Code? If he is missing VL22N then why the system is not showing any changes in his roles as well ?

Also can we track the changed user parameters in SU01?

Thanks,

Raichand

Edited by: raichandi on Sep 7, 2011 2:09 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the system and it's based on authorization S_TCODE for VL22N. It used to be VL22 and the note 1426712 changed it to VL22N. Hence is there any chance that you applied service pack with this note recently? That would explain that users used to have access to VL22 but not to VL22N. After applying SP the logic changed but there was no change in security roles.

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the system and it's based on authorization S_TCODE for VL22N. It used to be VL22 and the note 1426712 changed it to VL22N. Hence is there any chance that you applied service pack with this note recently? That would explain that users used to have access to VL22 but not to VL22N. After applying SP the logic changed but there was no change in security roles.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

This was helpful, However could you please let me know how to check for changes in SU01 user parameters ? Is their any track for the user parameters ?

Many Thanks,

Raichand Indiver

0 Kudos

Hi Raichand,

User Parameters are not considered critical .. So i dont think change logs are stored for them in any tables...

Rgds,

Sri

0 Kudos

Thanks for you reply Sri.

I have one more query regarding Profile generation. The scenario is when i transport the role(profile generated) from D01 to R01 then some times i found that in R01 their profiles are not generated/partially generated(YELLOW Color).

1) Why this is happening ??

Is their any configuartion or any thing from my side is missing while transporting ?

2)Is it possible to mass generate the profiles of multiple role ?

Many Thanks,

Raichand Indiver

0 Kudos

Hi Indiver,

There can be multiple reasons for profiles not getting generated in subsequent systems. There is no specific config that needs to be done but make sure you only include small number of roles in one transport. We have observed such behaviour when 100's of roles are included in a single transport. So for whatever reason na few of them are not generated.

Also if in the past some one from security have created roles directly in R01, then there would be a conflict of profile names and it can happen because of that...

You may havew to check these roles and find out the root cause, but otherwise you can hit CTRLSHFTF4 in PFCG and can mass generate all ungeneraed roles in a particular system. It should help you.

Rgds,

Sri

0 Kudos