cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send/receiver via SOAP/HTTPS/SSL - help needed!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all. I have two interfaces in development, one that needs to receive customer orders from our website and one that needs to send data to a third-party financial institution. We are using an R/3 4.7 backend and XI 3.0 SP17. I know we need to use SOAP adapters and that certificates will be required for both of these interfaces. However, no documentation on this topic (including SDN threads) seem to contain a step-by-step guide on how to use these adapters to create/talk to web services.... are there any step-by-step guides out there?

Specifically, I need to know:

1. How do I know if I need to use certificates?

2. What purpose do the 8-week test certificates from SAP serve?

3. Do I need a WSDL from the third-party receiver to import into the Repository? The finance house hasn't heard of WSDL... they just want an 128-bit encrypted XML file

4. Are there any issues with SP17 in this area?

5. Has anyone out there done this and can provide with some simple steps for my two scenarios?

Many thanks for any help - this I'm sure isn't that difficult but its only easy if you know how...!

Stuart Richards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this guide,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d23cbe11-0d01-0010-5287-873...

Will exlplain all about SOAP adapters.

<i>one that needs to receive customer orders from our website and one that needs to send data to a third-party financial institution</i>

Customer Orders require a SOAP sender adapter and a Webservice. ANd , you need a WSDL to be imported into XI for the same. Check this for SOAP scenarios,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/befdeb90-0201-0010-059b-f22...

As for the other part~~

<i> one that needs to send data to a third-party financial institution</i>

Can you let us know what data is to be send to the third party and how? IDOC? FILE?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh (and all you SOAP experts out there!),

Thanks for your response. I have read the documents you linked to and they are useful but the concepts are still unclear and the scenarios don't seem to matching my requirement. Take the 3rd party finance house interface....

I have created a simple mapping of an IDoc from R/3 to create a simple XML file. The company wish to receive this over HTTPS but they have sent me this:

<i>I am afraid that Datacash do not provide an XML SOAP web service, so we are not able to supply you with the WSDL file which you need. To assist in your development we provide 4 APIs to help development - .NET, PHP, Java & Perl. These can be found in the developer's section of our website along with the dev guide (which I believe you already have) and a full description of our XML schema.

We do allow merchants to implement their own solutions beyond these 4 - the only requirement is that it can construct an appropriately formatted XML request using our schema and send it to our server over a 128-bit SSL connection.</i>

We have a URL from them and I thought all I needed to do was change the receiver file adapter (that is currently creating an XML file) to be a receiver SOAP adapter. We have installed the Java Cryptography Toolkit but am not clear if we need to be installing certificates or not; Datacash pointed us some root certificates from Verisign but do we need this?! For now, I'd just like something to work...

I am now also unclear if using the receiver SOAP adapter is enough... do I have to have some WSDL wrapper around my message in Design too? If they cannot provide the WSDL, do I need to create it? All the examples I'm reading involve multiple synchronous interfaces going back and forth but we do not need this; I just need to send them a file; nothing needs to come back!

Thanks

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stuart,

Yes you can send your XML file through the SOAP adapter over HTTPS.

You are right you can change your receiver file adapter to the receiver soap adapter and check the "Do Not Use SOAP Envelope Box".

For HTTPS you will need to configure your SSL layer using Visual Administrator.

- create a private key

- create the CSR request and submit it to your Certificate Authority ( for example Verisign )

- you may use some test certificates provided by SAP or create yours using OpenSSL

- import your CSR response

- link the certificate to the SSL port

- import the CA of you partner in the trusted store

Depending on the Certificate Authentification policy of your partner you may have to configure this also in the SOAP adapter.

Depending on the security policy of your company you may have to configure an outbound proxy and proxy authentification in the SOAP adapter.

Depending on the security policy your partner you may have to configure user authentification in the SOAP Adapter.

Best regards,

Bela