cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV01N drawings upload:: effect on the PROD server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am uplaoding around 1500 Drawings using CV01N and assigning them to equipments (IE03). So will it any effect on the production server( for ex. slowness etc......) ? PLease suggest me on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is advisable to do any mass upload during non-working hours.

regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you suggest on the impact to server if I upload more that 1500 drawing using CV01N.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There may be impact on the performance , depending on the server hardware configuration and the network bandwidth. You'll be consuming lot of network bandwitdth for this process.

Regards

Abhishek Aynipully

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Pls clarify me on below points.

1. For DMS r u using any seperate server?

2. How are you trying to upload?Is it through LSMW or BDC?

Also, once the equipments are created documents can be linked thru IE02: Change Equipment screen.

Regards

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu prakash,

There is no separate server for DMS.

We are trying to upload through LSMW.

Thanks,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is no seperate DMS Content server in your landscape then , don't load this files. This wud impact the performance of your production system.

Add a content server in your landscape and only then upload.

Regards

Abhishek

0 Kudos

HI Sameer,

Content server is always required if you are uploading & storing mass files in DMS.

1 or 2 files are ok to upload in production or any server but mass upload will definitely impact the performance of your production system.

I would suggest you that Please consult to your basis team before uploading any file to production server.

Yatharth..