Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy: PRD -> DEV

former_member312761
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am planning to make a copy of the production system on the developer, due to increasing differences, so I question how it is best to do it.

ver. 1 - system copy

delete the application server and database DEV, transfer database from the PRD and the homogeneous system copy

ver. 2 - change database SID

leaving the SAP application server, only the database rewrites the system by changing the SID

The system is ECC 6.0, MS SQL 2008. Which version will be the best place to refresh DEV?

Regards,

T.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

xymanuel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tomsi,

as my opinion, this is not recommended.

1. You have produktive Data in your PRD which maybe should not be visible for your developers.

2. Your PRD System is maybe extrem more bigger than your DEV. (e.g. in our case 100GB vs 2 TB)

3. If you did not transport the versionhistory of programms to your PRD the last years, you will loose this history, because it is only in DEV. (Dunno if you can save this first)

4. You will loose all your developerkeys. You have to put them in manually again.

Whats your method to refresh your Q System? Homogenous systemcopy?

Kind regards

Manuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tomsie,

You may find the details on the thread below of some value - it has a step by step guide to the process

Regards

Tony

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and don't forget to save your version database beforehand otherwise all versions of your self developed objects will be lost...

see sapnote 130906 for assistance

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am planning to make a copy of the production system on the developer, due to increasing differences

If this is the reason, I guess 2nd option would be most recommended.

Use homogeneous system copy using backup restore method.

This way, You will get most identical copy of Production server as Development.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any specific requirement to refresh the 'DEV' system from 'PRD' ?

However, second option is OK. And try to refer the sql copy notes as well apart from system copy guide.

Note 151603 - Copying an SQL Server database

Note 1476928 - System copy of SAP systems on Windows 2008 (R2): SQL Server

Thanks