Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding Issue when relese Forecast from DP to SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCM Gurus ,

I have an issue here .

In DP we are forecasting in Months . The periodicity maintained in Storage Bucket Profile is 'Month , Quarter and Year.

The Keyfigure is 'Final Demand Plan'.

Through /SAPAPO/MC90 , I am releasing the Forecast to SNP . Created a Period Split profile to split the forecast of the first month into days equally .Also created a distribution function and maintained value 100 . used Period Split as '1'.

Now the forecast qty is 341349 in DP Keyfigure 'Final Demand Plan' . When it is released into SNP in days , the qty is 11378 in each daily bucket.

If I add the forecast qty in SNP the total becomes = 11378 * 30 = 341340 which is 9 less from the actual qty in DP.

Actually the system is rounding the decimal qty 11378.3 to 11378 .

Now my questions is how to tackle this ? I want to have same total forecast qty in SNP . Why not system is taking care of the remainders ?

I understand ,If i distribute the forecast in Days in DP then it will be fixed . Other than that , if we don't have daily buckets in DP then is there any way to handle this ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

By the use of Period Split Profile you are spliting and positioning the forecast in daily buckets into SNP. It is standard feature of APO to do the rounding of the decimal qty.

However to tackle this issue, I will suggest you to write macro in SNP Planning Book.

1. Add 'Final Demand Plan' keyfigure(timeseries) into SNP PA.

2. Copy Plan/Version : Copy data from DP PA into SNP PA for that keyfigure.

3. If you have monthly view in SNP Pbook, the macro logic would be easy.

Compare number from Forecast Keyfigure with number in "Final Demand Plan" KF, if any difference then add that number into SNP Forecast Keyfigure.

4. If you do not have monthly view, you will have to calculate the total qty for the month in SNP, and then compare to find out the difference and add the remainder.

Above solution requires considerable development/testing efforts.

If you have not seen SAP Help for Rounding in Demand Planning, Here is the link

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/fe/80a934908685479f084e9621749a0a/content.htm]

Others - Can provide any other solution/inputs.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Edited by: SatishW on Sep 7, 2011 5:26 PM

Answers (0)