cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accruals In condition Type clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In the Conditon Type V/06 i found Accruals Filed , I press F1 i come to know that

Condition is Relevant for Accrual (e.g. Freight)

Indicates that the system posts the amounts resulting from this condition to financial accounting as accruals.

Use

If you mark this indicator, the condition appears in the document as a statistical condition.

what is the exact purpose of that fields when it will be used in which senario it will be used

in rebate also we are using accruals

Guide me

Regards,

Anu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

In simple terms, if any amount that should be posted separately to a particular G/L Account without affecting the net sales value in SD, you can use accruals. In case of Rebates and Freights, this can be used. That is as and when billing documents are generated with these condition types, the corresponding value will hit the assigned G/L Account and later, once the amount is settled to customer / transporter, relevant FI entry (debit / credit) will be updated.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Reply Lakshmipathi

In my Case i have 2 condition types and it should not be added those values to net values

shall i Tick Accrula field for those condition types and also is it required to maintain Accrual Key for that those Conditon types ?

is it required to Tick Statistical in the pricing Procedure if i Tick in the Condition type ?

if i maintain the Accural Key System will generate the accouting document like Rebate Accrual amount

Please Clarify

Regards

Anu

Edited by: Anuradha_SD on Sep 7, 2011 7:10 PM

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Anuradha

check this link it will give you lot of information

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-log-sd/accrual-defineconditiontypes-699558

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you activated Accurals at Define condition level system will control based up on this activation this is for only Statistical purpose up to customer eligible for this amount.

EX: If the customer having terms of payment amount is 100 $ system poress to accounting for statictical analysis purpose , it means if customer settel amount with payment terms business needs to given to customer.this thing happend based upon Accurals.

Thanks

Raja

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Rebates is one of the usual conditions. For instance, you settle rebates in the end of the year, but you want to register the cost all months. For further info seeSAP Note 75778 - Consulting/troubleshooting for rebate processing, question 1.c

Regards

Eduardo

Edited by: E_Hinojosa on Sep 7, 2011 10:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks For Reply Eduardo

My doubt is What is the purpose of that field Accruals in Condition Type if tick that fields where it will be effect

In what way it will be used

guide me

Regards,

Anu

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For rebates for instance. If a company runs SAP, the usual is to make financial statements all months, but if it has contracts with its customer with rebates agreements, and these agreements are made the settlement once per year, the CFO doesn't want to register all cost linked with this agreement in one period, because he or she want to smooth it between all periods. So, when you mantain the data for rebate agreement in VBO1 you have a field for accruals, where you set the percentage (foresee, not real that depends of amount of sales in the end of the year). I suggests you to talk about it with an accountant to understand the reason.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Reply,

But My condition Types are not Rebate Conditon and also if i check the Rebate Conditions There is no field we can find out for Accrula under Control data 2 tab

and also my doubt is not related Rebate agreement , i am asking how this field is helpful to the Normal Condition Types like Suppose i created 2 Condition types which doesn't added to the the net value like ZCOM (Commission ) and this amount will be settled after 3 months

if i tick the Field for that conditon type is it required to Tick Statistical Field in the Pricing Procedure ?

and also Is it Required to maintain the Accrual key ?

Regards,

Anu

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It's the same. Perhaps, the company do a settlement of commisions to agent each 3 months. So you will have an invoice (and a cost from the agent) each 3 months, but you or your CFO want to smooth this expenses between the 3 months, where you recognize the expense in the moment that you create this obligation, I think that in english the name is 'matching principle', because expense is recognized before the invoice from agent (usually, the agent made his/her invoice with information from your invoices), exactly, in the moment that you made the invoice.

And it's statistical, because this condition isn't important for the amount of invoice and how to flow to FI (open items of your customer).

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Edited by: E_Hinojosa on Sep 8, 2011 9:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks For reply

I maintained the Those Conditon types as a Statistical but how can i know end of the month how much he /she got the Commission

Its not generated any Accounting Docment because i am not added this net value bcoz its statistical

how to do settlement without rebate of every 3 months in SAP

guide me

regards

Anu