Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check not happening when customer balance is zero

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There is one problem i am facing in credit check.

When my customer balance is zero, credit check is not happening. Following are details

I maintained credit limit in FD32 for customer A as Rs.200

I created one sales order whose total value was Rs.100000. Sales order got saved. I was able to do entire sales process (i.e. delivery and billing). My customer got debited with Rs. 100000.

Afterwards when i create another sales order, it blocked me delivery on account of credit limit. It means my credit check is happening. I released sales order in VKM3 and then i did delivery billing.

I got money for both the above sales order and customer balance again became zero. After becoming zero, i created one more sales order. At this time credit limit didn't happened again (since customer balance became zero). I was able to do entire sales process. From subsequent sales order credit limit check was done..

so i want to know why does system is doing credit check only when there is balance in customer account. Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you having OVA8 specific to delivery?

since the customer value was zero, the exposure value would have got updated with the new sales order value only after the order got saved, meaning you had saved the sales order without a block.

now if you had a OVA8 at the delivery level probably you would have not been able to proceed further.

Regards

Ilango

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to check the like the below conditons.

1. Check at Document level (VOV8) check credit limit assigned or not(ex:A,...D)

2.Youd should check Item categeory level Credit check activated or not.(VOV7)

3.You should check Pricing procedure level Subtotal-A(KOMP-CMPRE) assigned or not against net value step.

4.If your crdit check is Automatic you shoud check whick updte groups are assigned to you credit control area.

5.You should check in Credit master FD32 risk categeory assigned or not.

I think those points help full ..

Thanks

Raja

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Check whether all the orders are relavant for credit check in VOV8 transaction (Check credit limit and credit group fields) Further check whether the item category settings in VOV7 transaction (At item category level we have credit active field If it is checked then credit check will happen else it will not). Check all the other settings of credit.

Once you are done with this check the credit analysis of the order in the report CHECK_CM. This report will give you extensive credit related analysis for the order or delivery.

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

You have already open a thread for this issue [;

and without closing it you have open a new thread.

The issue is same as in case of earlier thread.

Have you checked all the suggestions which is already provided in above thread??

Kindly go through the Credit Management Configuraion doc (search the same in Forum), and compare it with your settings. If you have already done that then kindly provide a small detail about your configuraion, so that others can help you accordingly.

Regards,

Amites Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked if the customizing settings are maintained in OVAK i..e. for the sales document type, the credit check has been activated or if you have maintained the settings in OVA8 - Automatic credit control for the Credit ctrl area, risk category & credit group combination.

Also check if the item category has ' Check credit ' active or not

The document type should have the sales order credit group assigned to it.

In FD32 , customer credit master data, please check the risk category maintained for the customer and if it corresponds with the settings you may have maintained in OVA8 - Automatic credit control.

Thanks,

Saurabh