Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check against ATP vs PIR

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

sap help says

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/cf/70124adf2d11d1b55e0000e82de178/frameset.htm

• Check against planned independent requirements

Used with, for example, strategy 50, 60, 52, 63, 74. (All other strategies use ATP check.)

when I look at the requirement class(045) for strategy 50 in OVZG,I see availability check box is unchecked.

if availability check is unchecked for that strategy, how does system do check against PIR?

Also, for strategy 20, requirement class says availability check box checked. stragety 20 is pure make to order and what advantage does one get by doing availability check in strategy 20 scenario as there will not be any stock for the customer order.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally if you want to check availability, these things we want to consider:

1. Rquirement class level need to active

2. schedule line category level active

3. requirement type assign to respective requirement class

4. plant must be there in sales order line item level

5.checking group need to be maintain in materials master.

requirement class is the top level for availability then schedule line.

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Velayuthan,

I understand that..but my question is totally different

in strategy 50, availability check is done against PIR. if I look at OVZG and requirement class 045, availability check box is unchecked. so if availability check is unchecked for that requirement class, how does availability check happen against PIR?

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

in strategy 50, availability check is done against PIR. if I look at OVZG and requirement class 045, availability check box is unchecked. so if availability check is unchecked for that requirement class, how does availability check happen against PIR?

I checked in my System for The Requirement Class 045 , Availability Check box is Ticked

Kindly Check once again and for Strategy Group 50 also you can see the Availability Check is Ticked

Menu Path is SPRO >Production>Production Planning>Demand Management>Planned Independent Requirements>Planning Strategy->Define Strategy

Check and Revert

Regards,

Prasanna

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just checked again in OPPS and also from OVZG side,

for strategies 50, 52, 60 ans 63 , availability check box is unchecked.so how does that check against PIR??

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

any ideas??

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto t.code OPPS and highlight strategy 50, then go to details.Here you can see under requirements type of customer requirements, for the field requirement type of customer requirement, value KEV (make-to-order with consumption) is set. Also the account assignment category is set as E. To understand clearly, just press F1 after keeping the cursor on the box Availability check,you can see the details.Per the help "If the indicator is not set and if the assignment of independent requirements planning is active, then an availability check is carried out against planned requirements for the material". So for example, when make to order scenario is used, then the system checks the make-to-order stock tied to the sales order and picks the quantity.There is no need for generic AC in this case.

Regards,

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Shiva,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes for MTS, system will check for general stock for availability check

for MTO, system will check for customer specific stock for availability check.

but my question is, if stock is not available, strategy 50/52/60/63 will check against PIR of material to do sales order confirmation.

so if the AC check box is unchecked for these strategies, how come AC against PIR is done? hope I am clear

or is that box in opps is only for AC against ATP?

swathi_rege
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think I understand that (but not sure)

If strategy is 20, which is true make to order, which has no PIR's then availability check box is checked and it is checked against customer specific stock

if the strategy is 50/52/60/63, finished good is PIR managed and will not have any stock until sales order comes. so the check box is taken off and check will be done against PIR but not stock.

Answers (0)